Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Permanent EU Schedule Changes Coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent EU Schedule Changes Coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by jc94

Well the EU, no word on the rest of the world that still does change clocks
The EU following in the footsteps of SK. Ok, perhaps it is a coincidence. However still a good idea. Air Canada will do fine. They will take best practice dealing with SK and apply it elsewhere.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by jc94
Well it’ll impact all international flights. Unless other countries follow suit.

Not all countries have DST at the moment either, India for example does not.
Most countries don't have DST: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylig...ntries_Map.png
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Finally the rest of the world catching up to Saskatchewan. The silly ritual that the rest of the country has of moving clocks forward and back.

Air Canada manages to serve Saskatchewan without much problem.
The point of this Thread as the Moderator has reminded all are the implications for AC changing its EU schedule - nothing to do whether Canada or other countries will follow suit on DST???

The twice annual schedule change is well orchestrated, yes, but this change should it become permanent as EU is proposing means AC deciding to make an a one-time major schedule change that may impact all regular TATL travelers, forcing personal schedule changes from what has been routine for years.

For me, my preference is outbound from YVR, x-YYZ for the early morning arrivals in London and Frankfurt - should AC decide to keep the YYZ schedule time, this will then mean missing the early morning connections I take elsewhere in EU. If AC keeps EU schedule arrivals intact that will mean changing my YVR departure time, the type of a/c on the trans-con etc.

and yes it will get sorted - but most Threads are about stuff that will get sorted too.
WoodlandCreature likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
As others have said, we'll adjust, adapt, and survive. Nothing to worry about unless you're directly involved in AC's ops planning.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by skybluesea
The point of this Thread as the Moderator has reminded all are the implications for AC changing its EU schedule - nothing to do whether Canada or other countries will follow suit on DST???

The twice annual schedule change is well orchestrated, yes, but this change should it become permanent as EU is proposing means AC deciding to make an a one-time major schedule change that may impact all regular TATL travelers, forcing personal schedule changes from what has been routine for years.

For me, my preference is outbound from YVR, x-YYZ for the early morning arrivals in London and Frankfurt - should AC decide to keep the YYZ schedule time, this will then mean missing the early morning connections I take elsewhere in EU. If AC keeps EU schedule arrivals intact that will mean changing my YVR departure time, the type of a/c on the trans-con etc.

and yes it will get sorted - but most Threads are about stuff that will get sorted too.
My point is AC should know how to deal with flying in and out of regions that do not do these daylight saving events. It has been serving Saskatchewan since its earliest history. In the case of SK, what tends to happen is the airlines schedule revolves around the airports hub not the outstation. For AC, WS and Delta the airports in Saskatchewan are outstations. For the local regional airlines Saskatoon is a hub.

I would expect the same pattern would follow for AC, they would start by keeping the times the same at their hubs then review each flight and adjust if timing at the other end was uber important for some reason, such as fitting into a local hub at the other end.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 23, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.