Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Stranded bags pile up at Trudeau International Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stranded bags pile up at Trudeau International Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
What matters is that I didn't see a single bag with the priority tag left behind. I wonder if Meghan's bag was left behind too?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
What matters is that I didn't see a single bag with the priority tag left behind. I wonder if Meghan's bag was left behind too?
You mean you were there in person and inspected every single bag, or is this based off the pictures you've seen?
longtimeflyin and canadiancow like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:03 pm

YUL is the worst airport from the performance point of view, security sucks, accepting planes and dispatching from the gate, catering misses, etc. Just this year a LX from Zurich gated ahead of time but it took more than an hour to get the jet-way setup to the airplane's door. I almost missed the connect having 2.5 hrs in the original itinerary. Maybe I have bad luck at YUL.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
Maybe fliers should post more pictures. At least customers in YUL can then drive there and pick up their bags navigating the baggage hall with pictures. Pokemon game !!
That's what happened at YVR during the beginning of the year.
Come pick up your own bag, get free parking and a 1% ACmon code.

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
What matters is that I didn't see a single bag with the priority tag left behind.
If that booster seat is mine, it will have a priority tag on it.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Maybe I have bad luck at YUL.
I think this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ffsim

I think this.
One example...

Winter ops.

YUL definitely wins in my books and I find AC to be better in and out of there than YYZ during the winter.
ffsim likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
One example...

Winter ops.

YUL definitely wins in my books and I find AC to be better in and out of there than YYZ during the winter.
I’ve said this elsewhere (or maybe just IRL) but while YUL had been an unmitigated disaster for years upon years, management has really gotten its act together recently. The airport expansion was done on time and greatly increased capacity for international flights, the new AC Int’l MLL is among the best in the network, OSS actually works, and the TB procedure is generally pretty smooth.

I think most of the complaints from @1Newflyer can apply to any major airport in Canada, yet I’ve persinally seen massive improvements in each of those fields over the past couple of years at YUL.

One other thing to remember: those bags are in the domestic arrivals area; those looking for priority tags (I think there’s one by the column in the pic I shared) should remember that that area serves multiple airlines, not just AC. You’ll also find bags from WS, PD, PB, YN, WG, TS and others in that mess.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:44 pm

How is it in Toronto?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.