Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:35 am

Direct flights to IST on TURKISH unavailable
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:36 am

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by mabio
Direct flights to IST on TURKISH unavailable
Yes, they are available and working as expected. Lots of availability from JFK, BOS, and ORD which displays fine on Aeroplan.com

They've really tightened up business class inventory on their two Canadian routes, which is not a technical issue.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:00 am

Thanks. Is the the same for LX business ?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by mabio
Thanks. Is the the same for LX business ?
YES.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
As of now AE is still having issues seeing LX/SK/NH spaces while LO is blocked from booking (since June). This made intra-European connectors a challenge if you want to avoid YQ on LH and OS, but not impossible. I was able to find workarounds by using OU (Croatia), JP (Adria), A3, ET and TK.

TK long haul availability between Europe and Asia is pretty good for even the Christmas holiday season, and BR availability for AMS/CDG/VIE/LHR-TPE is not bad either if you want to avoid YQ.

That being said, I wonder when this issue will be resolved. I'd really like to have the second half of my mini-RTW put on NH, but I did book mine already and I am prepared to pay the change fee to do so as the first half was already a solid itinerary that I could not afford to lose the spaces for waiting any longer.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
YYT82: great intel - thank you. I wouldn't have thought of looking for OU in particular.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by unclepants
YYT82: great intel - thank you. I wouldn't have thought of looking for OU in particular.
I never thought of using them either before this, and now I have decided to check out the fabulous city of Zagreb.

You can also use JP as a connector and check out Ljubljana on the way in your mini-RTW.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:12 pm

Good summary of the current state of affairs; however, I'm pretty sure JP has fuel surcharges as well.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyer05
Good summary of the current state of affairs; however, I'm pretty sure JP has fuel surcharges as well.
Hence why I didn't use JP for my mini-RTW.
JP's FFP is Miles&More, so I assumed it had some kind of YQ but not excessive like LH. Although finding JP availability for my desired dates was next to impossible so I didn't even try a dummy booking to see.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
See here. There are technical issues interfering with Aeroplan loading award space with some *A partners.
"Page not found"...
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I’m getting nonexistent flights on OS. VIE-PRG in the morning is a Q400 which has no business, but Aeroplan is pulling up only business space. And of course when I try to book it, it errors out - because there’s no real business space!!! Argh.
Update to my own problem - ended up calling in and having the agent book BR+OS manually because website was erroring out (like, flight would show but couldn’t book). Agent gave me some long speech about “capacity on website” and “many itineraries showing but not bookable” as a reason why they need to charge me $30. Fortunately, a supervisor fixed that broken logic.

Now I have to book CA flights... and the exact same thing is happening. Facepalm. Is ANYTHING bookable on the website?!?!?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:06 pm

Update to my own post upthread: JP has the same YQ charges as LH and OS (did a dummy booking to confirm). So if you want to avoid YQ in the European connectors, use OU/A3/TK/SN while issues with LX/SK/LO are being worked on.

There are also a couple of cool intra-European routes that can be redeemed on YQ-free airlines: ARN-OSL on ET and ARN-DME on SQ.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I've been seeing TK and OZ inventory pop up on dates where only AC/OS/BR was showing up before. Hopefully this portends the return of LX and NH.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I've been seeing TK and OZ inventory pop up on dates where only AC/OS/BR was showing up before. Hopefully this portends the return of LX and NH.
Yeah the problem is when TK flights show up, it doesn’t show anything else - which is massively annoying because what if you don’t want to fly TK and want one of the myriad other options?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.