FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1925159-aeroplan-issues-award-redemption-partner-airlines.html)

akiberg Aug 14, 2018 10:33 am

Can't find any seat, economy or business, from/to any airport, on any day for Scandinavian airlines. Something is clearly wrong.

YXUFlyboy Aug 14, 2018 12:52 pm

In general, availability on Aeroplan for high-YQ airlines >> low or no YQ. Partly because Aeroplan prioritizes these but also likely because other people are booking them if they are released due to the lack of YQ.

dlld2341 Aug 14, 2018 4:46 pm

There are a number of airlines not currently bookable due to IT issue it sounds like - TAP, SQ, SA, LX, ANA

linglingfool Aug 14, 2018 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by dlld2341 (Post 30083145)
There are a number of airlines not currently bookable due to IT issue it sounds like - TAP, SQ, SA, LX, ANA

The call center just quoted me the same thing, saying the space is all coming back as cancelled when they try to book. Has been happening since yesterday.

ETHFlyer Aug 14, 2018 5:48 pm

ETA When ANA/TG/TAP/SWISS Awards Available?

Simple question, does anyone know when Aeroplan will fix this issue? I've been trying to book an award for the longest time, but apparently the agents can't book awards from the listed airlines. A sign of things to come I guess.

linglingfool Aug 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by ETHFlyer (Post 30083289)
Simple question, does anyone know when Aeroplan will fix this issue? I've been trying to book an award for the longest time, but apparently the agents can't book awards from the listed airlines. A sign of things to come I guess.

Just got off the phone, no ETA.

ETHFlyer Aug 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool (Post 30083300)
Just got off the phone, no ETA.

Great. I was talking to the agent and she insisted that no one could see the rewards. It wasn't until I told her I was an ANA member and could book the award if I had enough points did she finally shut up. God damn Aeroplan, sucks to be Canadian I guess :(

linglingfool Aug 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by ETHFlyer (Post 30083315)
Great. I was talking to the agent and she insisted that no one could see the rewards. It wasn't until I told her I was an ANA member and could book the award if I had enough points did she finally shut up. God damn Aeroplan, sucks to be Canadian I guess :(

At least she didn't give you the "space available to each carrier is different" line that I get in these situations. The agent I spoke to knew exactly what was going on and which airlines, and that it was an internal IT issue.

chawk12 Aug 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Can confirm this as well. I've seen flights that are coming back as unbookable on Thai, Air China and ANA

daniellam Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Looks like Air Canada's reservation system (Reservac?) is experiencing connectivity issues with Amadeus (same system used by ANA/TG/TAP/SWISS/SQ/BR/LH and many other partners) .

This type of problem will go away once Air Canada switches to Amadeus in early 2019 (Aeroplan currently uses Air Canada's reservation system) as all data will be under one system.

There's a possibility this won't get fixed until Air Canada's migration to Amadeus!

In 2020, once Aeroplan splits from Air Canada, it might be possible that Aeroplan migrates to Sabre (used by loyalty programs such as AirMiles to book flights on other carriers) while Air Canada's own program would use Amadeus.

shafi248 Aug 15, 2018 6:32 am

Mine luckily got ticketed, but not confirmed for the segments on Swiss and Thai. Allows me to make any changes I want until they are confirmed, as per the agent, not that I've been able to find better segments!

ratnrol Aug 15, 2018 10:12 am

Glad I found this thread.

I have a my first mRTW trip planned for May 2019 and wanted to see what LH & TG T-15 availability would be out of Asia.

My routing will be BKK-FRA-NA (i.e. ORD, JFK). I have a plan B currently booked for BKK-ICN-LAX-YYC but really want to fly Lufthansa F out of FRA or MUC to NA.

Mostly targeting LH & TG for my planned route and have been searching availability each day for t-15 just to look for availability trends out of FRA/MUC to NA airports. Have been disappointed with the results. This explains why. My trip is not until late May 2019 so I am hoping before then! lol

Would anyone know if a paid service such as Expert Flyer would be impacted by this issue? Thought it would take a free spin to if its not.

ETHFlyer Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by ratnrol (Post 30085658)

Mostly targeting LH & TG for my planned route and have been searching availability each day for t-15 just to look for availability trends out of FRA/MUC to NA airports. Have been disappointed with the results. This explains why. My trip is not until late May 2019 so I am hoping before then! lol

Would anyone know if a paid service such as Expert Flyer would be impacted by this issue? Thought it would take a free spin to if its not.

You can still see LH F availability, that has nothing to do with the problem, it's just scarce. There is a 99% chance that you won't be able to fly LH if you're booking a trip in May. I think you are misunderstanding the problem a little bit, Exper Flyer simply shows you the availability of award space, the problem is that Aeroplan agents are unable to book the space, even if it exists.

Edit - I think they were able to fix the issue. I can see some award space now, but I have not tried to book it yet.

ratnrol Aug 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by ETHFlyer (Post 30086274)
You can still see LH F availability, that has nothing to do with the problem, it's just scarce. There is a 99% chance that you won't be able to fly LH if you're booking a trip in May. I think you are misunderstanding the problem a little bit, Exper Flyer simply shows you the availability of award space, the problem is that Aeroplan agents are unable to book the space, even if it exists.

Edit - I think they were able to fix the issue. I can see some award space now, but I have not tried to book it yet.

Thanks for clarifying. I did miss understand. Correct, seeing much more LH F on my searches now!

dlld2341 Aug 15, 2018 1:52 pm

I was able to book LX today