Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Old Feb 6, 19, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by YVRFLY View Post
Any one else having issues with finding a TK flight? Last week I could find plenty of them from ORD and JFK to IST in August. Since yesterday I can't find any.
Same. Found plenty TK last week. Today nothing. Called Aeroplan and agent says theres no issue, although she could not find any TK flights either.
Old Feb 7, 19, 10:55 pm

Programs: 50K AC | ONYX AMRP
same re TK of all classes
Old Feb 8, 19, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by tehdee View Post
same re TK of all classes
After speaking with a very rude aeroplan agent again today and being told there was no issues with TK, she passed me along to one of her colleagues who told me that there is a bulletin in their system which says there is a technical issue with TK flights and it should be resolved within "a couple days".
Old Feb 11, 19, 5:32 am

Programs: AC, ANZ, MH
Originally Posted by YXELLB View Post
After speaking with a very rude aeroplan agent again today and being told there was no issues with TK, she passed me along to one of her colleagues who told me that there is a bulletin in their system which says there is a technical issue with TK flights and it should be resolved within "a couple days".
thanks that's helpful. I won't try to call. Trying to change an existing booking, but for sure includes TK so i'll wait
YXELLB likes this.
Old Feb 12, 19, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by foreigncontent View Post
thanks that's helpful. I won't try to call. Trying to change an existing booking, but for sure includes TK so i'll wait
looks like TK is now available once again
Old Feb 14, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Is it normal to not be able to see any united flights on AP search? Should I be looking for 'saver' award space on united.com?
united is also showing some aer lingus 'saver' space - something that I have seen on AP awhile back but not anymore

Last edited by cennis; Feb 14, 19 at 9:31 am
Old Feb 14, 19, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cennis View Post
Is it normal to not be able to see any united flights on AP search? Should I be looking for 'saver' award space on united.com?
united is also showing some aer lingus 'saver' space - something that I have seen on AP awhile back but not anymore
You'll never see Aer Lingus on Aeroplan - they are not partners. United also has EuroWings and other minor partners that AC does not.

If you see United saver space (X/I) on united.com - it should be available to Aeroplan redeemers (you can double check lifemiles/aegean/asiana online booking engines too) - if that space appears there, and not on Aeroplan - AC is blocking it. If it doesnt appear anywhere but united.com - it means its only available to United redeemers.

There are plenty of times where Aeroplan (X/I) seats on AC metal are not available to any other program
Old Feb 14, 19, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
You'll never see Aer Lingus on Aeroplan - they are not partners. United also has EuroWings and other minor partners that AC does not.

If you see United saver space (X/I) on united.com - it should be available to Aeroplan redeemers (you can double check lifemiles/aegean/asiana online booking engines too) - if that space appears there, and not on Aeroplan - AC is blocking it. If it doesnt appear anywhere but united.com - it means its only available to United redeemers.

There are plenty of times where Aeroplan (X/I) seats on AC metal are not available to any other program
Very true especially on SQ premium cabins between Asia and South Pacific. They are bookable with Aeroplan but not United (blocked).
Old Feb 14, 19, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Very true especially on SQ premium cabins between Asia and South Pacific. They are bookable with Aeroplan but not United (blocked).
United is having an Air Canada-like "glitch" where they temporaily disabled TG/SQ/TP - its not blocked.
Not any different than when AC was "glitching" with LO/CM/AV/ET/CA/TP, etc.

Talking about AC metal being available only to Aeroplan, and none other partners. UA has the same thing, inventory only available to UA redeemers. But one has to verify if thats actually the case by checking Lifemiles, etc.
Old Feb 14, 19, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
United is having an Air Canada-like "glitch" where they temporaily disabled TG/SQ/TP - its not blocked.
Not any different than when AC was "glitching" with LO/CM/AV/ET/CA/TP, etc.

Talking about AC metal being available only to Aeroplan, and none other partners. UA has the same thing, inventory only available to UA redeemers. But one has to verify if thats actually the case by checking Lifemiles, etc.
When in early January such glitches not shown up yet, the SQ availability I saw on Aeroplan are NOT found on United.

United at the time showed TG but no SQ for the Asia-South Pacific routes. TP also was readily available.

Frankly I have never seen SQ J availability between SIN and Australia - TG on the other hand is readily available and was the sweet spot on UA chart until Nov 2017 devaluation. TG 30/40K J/F SYD-BKK had availability almost everyday, on both flights no less. Never see any SQ SYD-SIN in J.

UA has more availability if you own the UA credit card - it opens XN, but only in coach though.
Old Feb 14, 19, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA Nothing (Former Gold), Global Entry
There is an SQ 77W SIN/SYD flight that stops in CBR with occasional J availability.
Old Feb 27, 19, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AC 35K, Aeroplan Plat, National Exec
Still no LO awards.. again... :/
Old Mar 23, 19, 9:44 pm

does anyone know if CA is currently being blocked? not sure if blocked or seeing phantom availability on other engines
Old Mar 31, 19, 3:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, VIA Preference
I can confirm that an LO reward for this fall that was visible on United.com was not available to a call centre agent as of March 23.
Old Jun 14, 19, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is Copa still dead?

Lots of seats via Aegean and United - but none via Aeroplan

Search this Thread
Search Engine: