Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
It looks like we can add UA to the "unbookable" airlines. I found some availability from EWR and IAD to Europe for early summer in what looks like F*. But when I tried a mock booking, the Aeroplan web site refused to book it.

*It was called Premium Economy, but the fare class was O and the necessary mileage was on F level
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
It looks like we can add UA to the "unbookable" airlines. I found some availability from EWR and IAD to Europe for early summer in what looks like F*. But when I tried a mock booking, the Aeroplan web site refused to book it.

*It was called Premium Economy, but the fare class was O and the necessary mileage was on F level
UA got rid of F and made O PY, similar to AC.

This issue on the Aeroplan site is known and has been discussed. This is not F space, and you should not be able to book it through Aeroplan. The only bug is that it's showing up at all.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
UA got rid of F and made O PY, similar to AC.

This issue on the Aeroplan site is known and has been discussed. This is not F space, and you should not be able to book it through Aeroplan. The only bug is that it's showing up at all.
I missed that discussion. Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by abbymtl
It seems TAP awards aren't bookable either, anyone else having issues?
Yep. Just tried a few times today with a few different TAP routes. Aeroplan site showed availability, but couldn't complete booking on the site and over the phone.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I can see LX award availability on UA that is not available on Aeroplan (BOS-ZRH)

Anyone know now why this may be? Interestingly there is an earlier LX flight available on both site but the later one only on UA
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I can see LX award availability on UA that is not available on Aeroplan (BOS-ZRH)

Anyone know now why this may be? Interestingly there is an earlier LX flight available on both site but the later one only on UA

Somewhere in this thread and elsewhere, are other posts asking the same about partner availability.

Short answer: the airlines do not release the same offerings to all *A partners. There are posts asking why UA and NH have awards that don't show on Aeroplan. On the SQ forum and NH forum, there are questions why awards don't match UA etc,

In your case it is about an earlier flight, in other examples, it is about partners and routes that don't show on Aeroplan.

Also, did you call Aeroplan and ask an agent if they see the space?
Cap'n Benj likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by 24left
Also, did you call Aeroplan and ask an agent if they see the space?
Nope, I’m very much an Aeroplan noob and this was the kind of thing I was hoping to find out.

Is it common for them to be able to see things on their systems that are not on line?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

Is it common for them to be able to see things on their systems that are not on line?

No.
All programs have similar issues. not just Aeroplan. Happens all the time with AA on Finnair availability for example.
It does not hurt to make a call to find out what the agent sees.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:09 am

I think Aeroplan is not showing UA and NH availability properly, at least for some dates.
I tried searching for UA and NH biz/first class award space, but the Aeroplan website did not return any availability when I can see award space being available on other *A websites (UA, NH, AV, etc)
Even Expertflyer is saying there is positive award space at the saver level for UA and NH flights in biz/first class, but Aeroplan just doesn't display any.
Is anyone else having issues with UA and NH awards via Aeroplan?
I thought this was fixed some time ago but maybe not?

Last edited by agjil; Jan 23, 2019 at 11:48 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by agjil
I think Aeroplan is not showing UA and NH availability properly, at least for some dates.
I tried searching for UA and NH biz/first class award space, but the Aeroplan website did not return any availability when I can see award space being available on other *A websites (UA, NH, AV, etc)
Even Expertflyer is saying there is positive award space at the saver level for UA and NH flights in biz/first class, but Aeroplan just doesn't display any.
Is anyone else having issues with UA and NH awards via Aeroplan?
I thought this was fixed some time ago but maybe not?
I booked UA I class 10 days ago.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
LOT not bookable on Aeroplan

I've been trying to book a flight on LOT from BUD to WAW but only Austrian with a connection is available and timing doesn't quite work. Called Aeroplan, apparently no bookings work in LOT as after booking they were being cancelled by LOT. No expected resolution date. Was advised to just book a revenue ticket.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Dont hold your breath, last time it took months to fix.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Unhappy Turkish Airlines not available

Any one else having issues with finding a TK flight? Last week I could find plenty of them from ORD and JFK to IST in August. Since yesterday I can't find any.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by folkart
I've been trying to book a flight on LOT from BUD to WAW but only Austrian with a connection is available and timing doesn't quite work. Called Aeroplan, apparently no bookings work in LOT as after booking they were being cancelled by LOT. No expected resolution date. Was advised to just book a revenue ticket.
Originally Posted by YVRFLY
Any one else having issues with finding a TK flight? Last week I could find plenty of them from ORD and JFK to IST in August. Since yesterday I can't find any.
I can't remember if it was this thread (because I thought I had posted here but I guess I didn't!) or another thread, but I posted somewhere recently that this was an ongoing issue with LO and TK (and others), unfortunately.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: aeroplan
How long does this outage usually last for? Just wondering if it is worth waiting out or trying to book another airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.