Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jerryhung
maybe because YQ is super low? LOL... TAP used to charge high $$$ YQ

Keep us posted
I just answered our questions. There is NO fuel surcharge atm on TAP.

I just booked:
YWG-YYZ AC
YYZ-BOS AC
BOS-ZRH LX
ZRH-BCN LX turn
BCN-OPO TP
OPO-FNC TP stop
FNC-LIS TP stop
LIS-YYZ TP
YYZ-YWG AC

Economy x 2. Finally have rid myself of aeropesos. 120k down the hatch after my solo F 220k mini RTW in Feb.

Fees 264.40 per person. Plus booking fee 30.

Last edited by canadianhockey91; Sep 14, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: AC, DL, AS, BA, EY
Originally Posted by nli007
Has anyone experienced this issue? I called aeroplan and the agent said there is some kind of ongoing synching issue between aeroplan and EVA.
Not just Eva. Looking for space within Europe (LED GYD on Sept 28/29), the initial request shows no space, but the "flexible date" display shows that there should be seats in business class. Another request and "No Space" ...

Who are they holding back or who is holding back on Aeroplan?

), the initial request shows no space, but the "flexible date" display shows that there should be seats in business class. Another request and "No Space" ...

WHo are they holding back or who is holding back on Aeroplan?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:47 pm

Trying to book a flight from YVR to anywhere in Europe on a low YQ carrier - May 19 +/- 3 days to June 1 again +\-3 and nothing. I’ve been looking since 365 out and have EF - is it still early days to book? Sorry I should add I’m looking for J

Last edited by Motoss; Sep 17, 2018 at 8:04 am
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Motoss
Trying to book a flight from YVR to anywhere in Europe on a low YQ carrier - May 19 +/- 3 days to June 1 again +\-3 and nothing. I’ve been looking since 365 out and have EF - is it still early days to book?
It's definitely not too early. I just booked last week for a late July departure.

My trip involved booking LX from YUL-ZRH. There seemed to be consistent availability for Sunday departures in the summer although I'm not sure what it's looking like for your dates. You might also find some UA flights to the British Isles... personally, that's what I'd be focusing on since they are probably the most common find for low YQ carriers, at least in my experience.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by heraclitus
It's definitely not too early. I just booked last week for a late July departure.

My trip involved booking LX from YUL-ZRH. There seemed to be consistent availability for Sunday departures in the summer although I'm not sure what it's looking like for your dates. You might also find some UA flights to the British Isles... personally, that's what I'd be focusing on since they are probably the most common find for low YQ carriers, at least in my experience.
LX Y yes, LX J is 300 days (ie up until 14/7 at present).
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jc94

LX Y yes, LX J is 300 days (ie up until 14/7 at present).
@Motoss is well within that range for May/June... by my standards it feels somewhat late in the game to book a May departure at this point
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
@Motoss is well within that range for May/June... by my standards it feels somewhat late in the game to book a May departure at this point
good luck! 😃
heraclitus likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:16 pm

Looks like LOT is back on the menu as well.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by flyer05
Looks like LOT is back on the menu as well.
You're 80 minutes late.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso
One benefit I can foresee flying out of this airport is that it's easier to get to than a JFK or EWR where you have to make multiple connections (i.e. subway to AirTran for JFK or train to bus for EWR). Instead there is a shuttle bus that will take you from New York's world famous Port Authority bus terminal (5 min walk from hotel) to the airport direct.
I understood that there is a train from Penn St to EWR without the bus. I am in NY next spring and getting to airports is important info for me. Sub/Airtrain combo to JFK should be faster and more convenient than a direct bus from the terminal ( I used that in the past), no?

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Sep 19, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Angry

Booked a June-July 2019 mini-RTW with a dummy last leg because our dates weren't available yet and we wanted to secure the first few flights, which were more risky.

Last leg is supposed to be BRU-YYZ on SN, but I can't find this flight anymore both on United's and Aeroplan's search engines... Actually, it seems like this flight has no award space any day between tomorrow and September 2019, which doesn't make any sense. My other option (less interesting to us) would be the ZRH-YUL LX flight or last resort, the LIS-YYZ TAP flight, but as of now, NONE of these appear regardless of the date.

I have contacted AP and they have been totally useless in their answers, implying that if that's what's showing, there's nothing they can do (thanks for that!). Any input on what the hell is going on there?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoteshot
Booked a June-July 2019 mini-RTW with a dummy last leg because our dates weren't available yet and we wanted to secure the first few flights, which were more risky.

Last leg is supposed to be BRU-YYZ on SN, but I can't find this flight anymore both on United's and Aeroplan's search engines... Actually, it seems like this flight has no award space any day between tomorrow and September 2019, which doesn't make any sense. My other option (less interesting to us) would be the ZRH-YUL LX flight or last resort, the LIS-YYZ TAP flight, but as of now, NONE of these appear regardless of the date.

I have contacted AP and they have been totally useless in their answers, implying that if that's what's showing, there's nothing they can do (thanks for that!). Any input on what the hell is going on there?
First, welcome to the FT zoo.

Second, what is happening is likely tht simply these airlines are not releasing any seats. Might change, but I would not hold my breath.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AC 75K

SN is also not showing availability in Expertflyer for June/July, so that indicates that there just isn't any availability - not an Aeroplan issue.

There are multiple days each week in July that TP is available and I've also found LX availability (both for 2 in J). If they aren't available on the dates you need with no flexibility, that also isn't an Aeroplan issue.

To imply that AE agents are useless because they aren't telling you what you want to hear is misguided, and unreasonable.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
SN is also not showing availability in Expertflyer for June/July, so that indicates that there just isn't any availability - not an Aeroplan issue.

There are multiple days each week in July that TP is available and I've also found LX availability (both for 2 in J). If they aren't available on the dates you need with no flexibility, that also isn't an Aeroplan issue.

To imply that AE agents are useless because they aren't telling you what you want to hear is misguided, and unreasonable.
Well, absolutely no availability on any flight anytime between tomorrow and September 2019 is obviously an error, especially since when I booked, there was availability every day up to July 6th and now they just all disappeared (would be a huge coincidence if they all got booked on the same day). If they are not releasing seats, they shouldn't appear in the AP partners anymore.

I'm just seeing this situation as being the same as LOT who for some reason, didn't have any flights show up and zoom! They all appeared one day. Hopefully, it's the same with SN, because as of now, I'm definitely not impressed with Aeroplan not showing any return transat flight on anything but Air Canada, Lufthansa or Austrian (hello YQ). Nothing United, TAP, SN, LX, SAS for a wide range of date I'm looking for, especially so far ahead, doesn't seem right, at all. Good thing I'm planning a long time ahead, but it'd be nice to be able to book hotels, for sure.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: AC 75K
Well, absolutely no availability on any flight anytime between tomorrow and September 2019 is obviously an error, especially since when I booked, there was availability every day up to July 6th and now they just all disappeared (would be a huge coincidence if they all got booked on the same day). If they are not releasing seats, they shouldn't appear in the AP partners anymore.
SN space for BRU-YYZ is not showing on other *A partners nor is it showing on Expertflyer. If there is an issue, it's with SN. I highly doubt that Aeroplan, Mileage Plus and Expertflyer are all wrong.

Nothing United, TAP, SN, LX, SAS for a wide range of date I'm looking for, especially so far ahead, doesn't seem right, at all. Good thing I'm planning a long time ahead, but it'd be nice to be able to book hotels, for sure.
As mentioned, I was able to find TP and LX on multiple days in July.

Not sure what you're looking for from this forum. If it's assistance, providing your dates would be helpful in order for others to see if other options are able for you. Sometimes booking reward flights, especially in J for more than 1 person requires a bit of flexibility...even this far out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.