Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Advice Requested: Should I do a mileage run for E35K?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: E35K

Hello,

I currently have 32,165 AQM, 8 AQS, and 5,296.02 AQD.

I will probably travel ~3-4 times next year with my significant other in PY or J (if I can snag some decent P fares), is there any reason for me to do a mileage run to get E35K status? I understand that most of the perks granted would be covered under my expected fare class and/or using my Priority Pass credit card for lounge access. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Last edited by YVRPPL; Aug 13, 2018 at 11:59 am
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:39 am

I wouldn't bother. I was in the same boat last yr, I was something like 500 miles short and I didn't bother.

Just fly business, and you're also less constraint to AC which I find gives me more happiness per dollar overall
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Other than the ability to earn a few more Aeropesos, not much reason.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
OP - Honestly, there's no real benefit that you can't get with a credit card, and that will certainly cost you less than a MR.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: TK *G
Benefits of E35K when flying AC J/PY are:

1. Priority standby/reservation. Especially useful during IRROPS, this is something you can't buy with money.
2. Priority call centre access. Again, especially useful when things go south, and you can't buy it on AC.
3. More AP miles. I will leave it to you to decided how useful this is.

On another note, 1 and 2 are included on many other airlines when you purchase J/PY.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
PY->J eUpgrades possible, although given co-pay and number needed vs what you get only really useful Dom/TB.

You can buy some aspects of #2 within NA via OMW. Perhaps even parts of #1 for IRROPs.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Dont bother.
Fly J/PY on other (ie. better) airlines next year....
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
I'm also in the same boat- and pushing for E35- biggest bonus for me will be domestic MLL access (even though I use PP and prefer it hah)

I still need 5k, with 4k guaranteed, and I"m sure I"ll find another flight to make it.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I did an MR for E35K for the first year of Altitude, but I had very specific goals, and it was worth it for me.

Originally Posted by songsc
Benefits of E35K when flying AC J/PY are:

1. Priority standby/reservation. Especially useful during IRROPS, this is something you can't buy with money.
2. Priority call centre access. Again, especially useful when things go south, and you can't buy it on AC.
3. More AP miles. I will leave it to you to decided how useful this is.

On another note, 1 and 2 are included on many other airlines when you purchase J/PY.
All of those are also given with P25K, which OP has already reached the qualifications for. Sure, priority is higher, and it's a 35% instead of a 25% bonus, but when it comes to things like priority standby, the difference between P25K/*S and E35K/*S is negligible.

The only thing I really see gained from an MR is MLL access when flying PY domestically, though this would not extend to a guest.

That being said, you're close enough that if you can fly YVR-YEG-YYC-YWG-YUL-YOW-YYZ instead of YVR-YYZ (or something like that), it may not actually cost anything to get the extra AQM. But it doesn't sound like you have any more expected travel this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.