Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Business class seat availability August 3, 2019 from LHR to YYC for 2 people?

Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

I am wondering if someone can take a look at the business class availabilty for August 3, 2019 from LHR to YYC for 2 people. Aeroplan is showing only 1 seat available and nothing for 2 people. I have been watching the calendar and no availability has shown up from Aug 1,2 or 3rd for 2 people at all,yet previous dates they always had something, so I am finding this strange.

Tootsiegirl
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:40 am

If aeroplan is showing one seat available then one seat is available. That is the availability. Someone may have taken the other or they only made one available.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I don't think this is anything unusual. It is one of the many reasons why people like me were dancing in the street when AC decided to dump Aeroplan.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:29 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Two J tickets TATL can be hard to find on Aeroplan at the best of times and sometimes there appears to be no rhyme or reason to availability on specific dates.

In the past, I too have booked European trips months in advance and have settled for availability of a single J reward seat on my chosen flight(s) and then gambled that another one would come up closer to departure. It's worked out for me but you have stay on it. Expert Flyer could be your friend here by alerting you when more reward space is made available.

SE status generally makes this much easier, but I'm guessing the OP is not in that situation.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Two J tickets TATL can be hard to find on Aeroplan at the best of times and sometimes there appears to be no rhyme or reason to availability on specific dates.

In the past, I too have booked European trips months in advance and have settled for availability of a single J reward seat on my chosen flight(s) and then gambled that another one would come up closer to departure. It's worked out for me but you have stay on it. Expert Flyer could be your friend here by alerting you when more reward space is made available.

SE status generally makes this much easier, but I'm guessing the OP is not in that situation.
Same experience for me with booking 1 ticket first for both TATL and TPAC. I even book in advance now, even if I'm not sure if we're going to travel, then cough up the $30 cancellation fee later if needed.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Sopwith
I don't think this is anything unusual. It is one of the many reasons why people like me were dancing in the street when AC decided to dump Aeroplan.
And you really think that a replacement AC program would let you redeem for some of the most valuable seats in their network at peak times?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by pitz
And you really think that a replacement AC program would let you redeem for some of the most valuable seats in their network at peak times?
No, I don’t. Being that it’s AC, my expectations for Son of Aeroplan are no higher than what I experienced with Aeroplan Sr. I hope I’m wrong.

I dumped Aeroplan years ago and switched to Avion, which has served my purposes much better. In some cases I have transferred Avion points to BA Avios at a 50% bonus, and have been reasonably successful in getting F or J seats to/from YVR on BA, but in the last year or two these have mostly dried up in the high season.

I reached the point a few years ago where I really don’t go out of my way to collect points on any FF program.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tootsiegirl
I am wondering if someone can take a look at the business class availabilty for August 3, 2019 from LHR to YYC for 2 people. Aeroplan is showing only 1 seat available and nothing for 2 people. I have been watching the calendar and no availability has shown up from Aug 1,2 or 3rd for 2 people at all,yet previous dates they always had something, so I am finding this strange.

Tootsiegirl
As per the others, this is pretty normal... for Classic availability. Can you see what you get for a Market Reward? Some posts in the past year or so have mentioned Market Rewards for this route, but have warned to been similar in overall cost (in addition to the points) to a flight booked on the AC website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.