Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Not permitted to fly - BAN from airline!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not permitted to fly - BAN from airline!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by trek604
Because she called him her husband, not partner.
So? I have a husband and am not a woman.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:13 pm

And people in a same sex marriage never use the term husband or wife?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
And your point is? Gay marriage exists.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Mnyclfyer
I'm hoping to get some help here, I am extremely troubled and offended by what I think was prejudice against us at the airport.

There was a particular gate agent who just seemed to not like us at the airport yesterday from the moment we checked in. There is no explaining it other than prejudice of some kind but who knows. We had issues from the moment we checked in, after that we got bumped on standby on 2 flights and our 3rd flight which we had seats on got cancelled. There were major weather issues. We decided to go home and take the next available flight which was the next morning.

We arrived the next morning very early for our flight to find out we were not permitted to fly.

Here are some facts:
  • After some arduous airport issues and complete blatant misleading lies from employees my husband called this particular gate agent out for misleading us. My husband alone addressed her and they got into a heated argument in which he used a curse word towards her. He swore which was not acceptable but it was not a threat of any kind and was not malicious/racist/etc.
  • We called the evening before to verify our seats and were told nothing of this issue.
  • We arrived unknowlingly having spent another fortune on Uber's at the airport to find out this issue, how could we have not been made aware earlier?
  • According to their policies you have to be a threat to other passengers to be banned or not permitted on the flight, does swearing once at one person justify what they did? I don't think it does.
  • If my husband is the one who made the comment why were we all banned from flying?
As a result of their actions we missed an important family event and have lost 3 days of our trip not to mention an upsetting and horrible 2 days. I feel the only explanation was outright prejudice of some kind because nothing explains this. The particular agent and her manager were both incredibly rude to us from beginning to end.

I do think I have some legal standing here and will be looking into our legal options but I'd love to hear from some fellow travelers out there
Thanks in advance
What a loaded write up ...."prejudiced" is being used and implied but not explained. Your husband lost his temper (one can imagine several magnitudes) so where is the prejudice? From your husband as he started to curse at a woman as he thought he can get away with it? "bumped from standby" ..... what a use of language .... you put yourself on standby but if there are weather problems there is little chance of success ....."misleading lies" are there lies that are not misleading?
"Here are some facts" a) we need all facts and b) facts are needed not your version
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
And this is how a thread takes a 90 degree turn in the direction of off-track!
Stranger and Oxnardjan like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:24 pm

TYpical first post and then something like this and no further input/reply ..... smear campaign against AC?

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 13, 2018 at 1:46 pm Reason: snark
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzen
TYpical first post and then something like this and no further input/reply ..... smear campaign against AC?
I think not. OP smearing him/herself really. Cursing gate agent? And then invoke prejudice? Does not really smear AC.
DrunkCargo likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 13, 2018 at 1:46 pm Reason: edit quote
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
And I thought that I was a troglodyte...
ChrisA330 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
And this is how a thread takes a 90 degree turn in the direction of off-track!
It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:43 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
So let's save our hard working mods some effort and get it back on track.

Lots of missing data, but I'm still curious how/if the whole group was 'banned'. But I suspect we will never know.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Well my point is, the prejudice may exist prior to conflict and this was somewhat alluded in the OP post, not to start a discourse on semantics of words... but of course, this is a one-sided account. My understanding is the OP believes they are (or were?) all "banned". If it is past-tense, I'd say move on. If it is present-tense, as suggested upthread CTA.

Those who are seeking facts might hear 4 sets: OP's, OP's party, Public-rumours, and... which one is more likely will be up to the reader to decide, which I guess means we have millions of possible truths. My speaking today is on dimensionality reduction techniques, so I'm all about occam's razor... usually am. Hanlon's may apply here as well, on many sides.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Hi Op,
I'm sure you would like to rephrase how you would "Love to hear from some fellow travelers out there", given the responses that you have received. In an effort to be helpful, let me point out a couple of things that may be helpful for you:
1) You say that there was a particular GA who just seemed not to like you. What brought you to that conclusion? Is it possible that the GA was having an otherwise bad day? Is it possible that you didn't like what the GA had to tell you with regards to being on stand-by, and you thought that was mean?
2) What reason do you believe the GA's actions could only be explained by prejudice of some kind?
3) What does it mean when you say you got bumped to standby? Does that mean that you had seats before you arrived at the airport, but after discussions with the GA you no longer had seats? Were you bumped to standby on your original flights, or the rebooked flights?
4) When you say that you arrived the next morning and weren't permitted to fly, what does that mean? Is this when you were advised that you were banned? Was it because the events that you described (heated conversation) had happened the day before, or was there another reason that you were not permitted to fly?
5) What were the blatant misleading lies from the employees? It isn't clear, from you statement of facts, which day this heated discussion occurred.
6) What is the issue that you were not aware of, when you spent a fortune on Ubers, and that could have been communicated to you the night before?
7) This being your first, and only, post, is it possible that you created this handle to talk about how the airline is being prejudice, because your last thread on this subject has been closed? (This is just an option that came to me, without anything to back it up)

I believe that, if you take a little time in your post to get the facts out, you may be able to paint a better picture for the folks on here. That might convince them that you do have a case (especially if the entire family was "banned" and only one member participated in the heated discussion). Then again, properly and accurately representing the facts on here may also convince folks that the airline was justified and you all should have been forbidden to fly.
canopus27, DrunkCargo and RangerNS like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Any wagers as to where this took place?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Dear OP,

if you decide to return to this thread, please can you give us the sequence of facts, ideally neutrally presented, so that we can give you some informed advice. Hiding information and overloading your post with language that makes you believe you are right because you're repeating it often enough to yourself really does not help.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Yet another one hit wonder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.