AC739 Daily Delays - Why?

Old Aug 11, 18, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

AC739 Daily Delays - Why?

Ait Canada 739 YYZ-SFO is being delayed between 1 1/2 - 3 hours, almost on daily basis.
What is the reason?

Later this month, I will be taking this flight, connecting in SFO with a layover of 1 3/4 hours & I'm worried that I may miss my connecting flight.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 11, 18, 6:31 pm

Ya, I noticed this too. This is the 787 right? I am guessing the arriving aircraft is consistently delayed as well.
Old Aug 11, 18, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC*A
Today’s 739 is delayed due to a bird strike. Can’t access prior days anymore on EF.
Old Aug 11, 18, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 View Post
Todayís 739 is delayed due to a bird strike. Canít access prior days anymore on EF.
Oh really? It departed 2:45hr behind schedule, ystd departure was 2:35hr behind schedule : (
Old Aug 11, 18, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Yes, thanks guys. Seems that the arriving flight is always late (or more like AC don't have enough metal)
Old Aug 11, 18, 7:10 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Marriott Silver
I did this flight in June. The llight ended up being around 1 hour late. I overheard the purser mention that it did a YYZ-YOW-YYZ turn before, and got held up by the short turnaround in YOW.
Old Aug 12, 18, 6:32 am

I have 4 Raspberry Pi's feeding data to FlightAware, they give me premium accesss....

So here is the data for the last few months on this flight. Might be helpful. Performance seems erratic.

Symmetre and Diabeetus like this.
Old Aug 12, 18, 8:50 am

I was on this flight Aug 11 (the one due to 'bird strike'), and got me into SFO too late to catch UA1. And the AC agents really sucked at service recovery here. On the ground at YYZ, I told them that I would miss-connect, and they did not offer any routing even though there was plenty of options to get to Singapore via FRA or even SQ1 out of SFO leaving there at 1:15AM (There was availability according to EF). None of the agents would actually go ahead and check the system if it was possible or not - they made no effort to re-route me . All the Air Canada staff on the ground at YYZ and in the air indicated that all miss-connecting passengers would be provided a hotel in SFO. Guess what? Once we landed they were like, umm nope no hotels for anyone since it was out of our control... Had I known, I would not have gotten on the plane to SFO... ughhh... /rant over.
Old Aug 12, 18, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by eugeneo1 View Post
I was on this flight Aug 11 (the one due to 'bird strike'), and got me into SFO too late to catch UA1. And the AC agents really sucked at service recovery here. On the ground at YYZ, I told them that I would miss-connect, and they did not offer any routing even though there was plenty of options to get to Singapore via FRA or even SQ1 out of SFO leaving there at 1:15AM (There was availability according to EF). None of the agents would actually go ahead and check the system if it was possible or not - they made no effort to re-route me . All the Air Canada staff on the ground at YYZ and in the air indicated that all miss-connecting passengers would be provided a hotel in SFO. Guess what? Once we landed they were like, umm nope no hotels for anyone since it was out of our control... Had I known, I would not have gotten on the plane to SFO... ughhh... /rant over.
Start taping promises.
Old Aug 12, 18, 3:03 pm

Programs: sqrt(-school of apologist)
Originally Posted by eugeneo1 View Post
If you were on UA1, you were likely on a TPAC only fare , which means you would not be able to get reprotected via the Atlantic.

Did you ask AC to stay in YYZ and wait for the next day? Yet another thread where waiting a day is better than going on the routing...
Old Aug 12, 18, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer View Post
If you were on UA1, you were likely on a TPAC only fare , which means you would not be able to get reprotected via the Atlantic.

Did you ask AC to stay in YYZ and wait for the next day? Yet another thread where waiting a day is better than going on the routing...
I don't think waiting a day in YYZ will help, since AC739 is delayed a few hrs every day
Old Aug 12, 18, 5:17 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
It appears to be on time today (12 Aug)!
Old Aug 12, 18, 5:27 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by kzbr01 View Post
Ait Canada 739 YYZ-SFO is being delayed between 1 1/2 - 3 hours, almost on daily basis.
What is the reason?

Later this month, I will be taking this flight, connecting in SFO with a layover of 1 3/4 hours & I'm worried that I may miss my connecting flight.

Thanks in advance
They really, REALLY want to make sure they get the right runway.
Old Aug 12, 18, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
Start taping promises.
Be Omarosa! In the Air!
Nazdoom likes this.
Old Aug 12, 18, 5:58 pm

Programs: sqrt(-school of apologist)
Originally Posted by phdtraveller View Post
I don't think waiting a day in YYZ will help, since AC739 is delayed a few hrs every day
That's right, but at least he can then ask for a YYZ direct to Asia!

If that flight is always late , and AC isn't changing anything, I wonder what % of passengers are connecting on it.

Search this Thread