Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CIBC Aerogold. AC bonus not posting.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Anyone with this card having issues with the 1.5 miles for AC.com purchases not posting?

The 1 mile/$ spent show up easily enough. The extra .5 hasn't been posted for any of my purchases this year.
Visa is usually good about adding the miles, but each call to fix this is taking longer.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by tracon
Anyone with this card having issues with the 1.5 miles for AC.com purchases not posting?

The 1 mile/$ spent show up easily enough. The extra .5 hasn't been posted for any of my purchases this year.
Visa is usually good about adding the miles, but each call to fix this is taking longer.
I'm wondering the exact same thing from the TD Visa Infinite Privilege.
Under "transactions" on AE website, I'm not sure what line to look for to confirm the extra miles from AC.com

Also, is the extra miles given for whatever the final cc charge amount is, or for the flight cost only

I plan to also call them and would have thousands of extra AE if they do credit the account the missing miles.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Yeah. The first time I called months ago they said it was likely for non-qualifying charges. I argued and the credited the points (it was for a Flight Pass). I had a wack of tickets in the month after and they didn't credit either. The CIBC rep seemed to know there was a problem and credited me the bonus points plus a little round-up for the difference. It's been going on for months now.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by tracon

i have called but refused at first for saying cibc gives 1.5 only for gas, grocery and drugstores.

after asking the agent to verify the website for facts, the phone agent needed to consult with his supervisor. and then, the supervisor told the agent saying that my purchase is illegible because it was not made at aircanada.com. (ex: ticket purchase thru aircanada vacation or expedia) I was frustrated because i know that i have purchased the ticket thru aircanada.com. after insisting several times that i know where i bought my ticket, the phone agent told me that the supervisor will give me back the points as a courtesy on the next statement. totally unprofessional and waste of time. i did it for the principal and hoping with the number of calls they will correct the situation.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Looking at the T&Cs I noticed something I hadn't noticed before:

This Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer is only available on the first $80,000 in net annual card purchases on your account (meaning all card purchases by all cardholders, at any type of merchant); after which Aeroplan Miles are earned at the regular rate on net card purchases. The $80,000 annual limit will reset to zero on the day after your December statement is printed. Terms, conditions and eligible merchant categories may change at any time without notice.

This is kind of bizarre because they way it reads is only the first $80,000 you spend is eligible for the bonus, not a limit on bonus amounts you can earn. Bizarre. That said, I just called about this month's points not posting and the rep escalated to a manager who knew about the problems and posted the bonus points manually.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I have better things to do than phone credit card companies to ensure my miles post properly. CIBC is not the only guilty party.

Had same issue with AMEX gold. Paid for an upgrade to J which should earn 2x MR as it is travel related. They tried to argue it was not since the Air Canada charge came from their financial or revenue department and offered me about 1/3 bonus. Told them I wanted the full 100% bonus and that it is rather disingenuous to suggest Air Canada charges are not travel related.

Got my way
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
This has been going on a while with TD, at least. See this post and the next 4 to 5..

Guess it isn't a TD IT issue... something more nefarious behind the scenes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.