International one way pricing

Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:33 am

Yesterday, I looked at oneway pricing for the direct CDG-YVR fight. Economy was more than 6000 Dollars. Premium Economy was less than half.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angelamartinusa
Return tickets are more convenient for airlines as they can easily decide their staffing and scheduling.
I have not seen yet the real explanation in this thread: nearly all reasonably priced long haul round trip fares still have a Sat. night requirement. One way fares end up being comparable with round trip wit no Sat. night stay. Maybe even a bit more...
pprrff likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Stranger
I have not seen yet the real explanation in this thread: nearly all reasonably priced long haul round trip fares still have a Sat. night requirement. One way fares end up being comparable with round trip wit no Sat. night stay. Maybe even a bit more...
Hence for me, Euro Lat FP.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by sokolov
Yesterday, I looked at oneway pricing for the direct CDG-YVR fight. Economy was more than 6000 Dollars. Premium Economy was less than half.
Agree that the PE o/w pricing may be a better option than Econ options and throwing away the return, (or trying to get a credit, with the hassles of change fees and restrictions), in a sea of bad options if you have to do a one way.
My recent experience was YVR-MEL, where I worked out that PE was the best compromise. Also I was hoping for the upgrade to Biz (which j-u-s-t scraped through, only because it was a PE fare)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.