FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: Is There a Way to Report Outstanding Service? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1922529-there-way-report-outstanding-service.html)

craigthemif Jul 30, 2018 12:18 pm

Is There a Way to Report Outstanding Service?

Most of the time people make the effort to complain...

I'm not an AC regular, but on a recent flight from YUL to YVR the flight attendant service in J was outstanding, enough so that I am inclined to want to send positive feedback through to the airline. I know on other airlines there are processes for this that can help out the staff member at bonus time.

Now... if only AC weren't so ridiculously cheap by offering no more than a 10% discount voucher for broken in-flight entertainment. A total joke...

songsc Jul 30, 2018 12:27 pm

On AC home page, click "Fly" then look for "Customer Relations" under "Customer Support". Then you can choose the type as "Compliment". I am not sure if send a note will help the employee in terms of bonus or anything, but I usually directly say thank you to the flight crew or offer them some chocolate/snack if I have any.

vernonc Jul 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30028506)
Most of the time people make the effort to complain...

I'm not an AC regular, but on a recent flight from YUL to YVR the flight attendant service in J was outstanding, enough so that I am inclined to want to send positive feedback through to the airline. I know on other airlines there are processes for this that can help out the staff member at bonus time.

Now... if only AC weren't so ridiculously cheap by offering no more than a 10% discount voucher for broken in-flight entertainment. A total joke...

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...r-support.html and click on customer relations to send an email

Adam Smith Jul 30, 2018 1:53 pm

The web form is good. They pay attention to that. Especially if you have status.

eigenvector Jul 30, 2018 2:00 pm

We regret that your recent experience on Air Canada did not meet our usual standards. Please rest ensured that the employees in question will be thoroughly re-educated on appropriate customer service behaviour.

vernonc Jul 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 30028922)
We regret that your recent experience on Air Canada did not meet our usual standards. Please rest ensured that the employees in question will be thoroughly re-educated on appropriate customer service behaviour.

C'mon, let the good stuff get reported too

StuckInYYZ Jul 31, 2018 12:39 am

Originally Posted by vernonc (Post 30028975)
C'mon, let the good stuff get reported too

Air Canada is never happy until you are unhappy. :) OP needed to be miserable by the time they landed in YVR. The flight attendant screwed up. This needs to be reported.

Cozmo456 Jul 31, 2018 6:07 am

I recently had two great experiences with AC. Weird. I know.

Sent in the form for both. Different situations completely. Same form letter response. And for one of the cases, a wholly inappropriate response.

I had hoped the people would get something for this. I doubt it now.

Bohemian1 Jul 31, 2018 10:42 am

I sent a commendation in for the super gate staff at BNE a while back and eventually got a more specific email response.

This one, unlike the earlier auto-responder, was not a form letter and they did say my comments would be passed along to the individuals and their supervisor.

So yeah, I think they do read this stuff.

Jazzed91 Jul 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Back in my CSA days, I received several notes or letters recognizing something I did that were sent in to AC by passengers. I truly appreciated every single one! I was 18/19 at the time and that feedback from passengers helped shape not only the way I interacted with "you guys" (the passengers), but it also helped to shape who I was becoming as a young adult in general. To this day, and even though I'm no longer with the company, I still remember the names of most of the people who wrote in about me.

Every time I travel I try to make a point of identifying someone who went above and beyond, even in some small way, and I'll send a note in. They meant a lot to me back then and I hope what I write means a lot to the people that receive them now.

vernonc Jul 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 30032061)
I sent a commendation in for the super gate staff at BNE a while back and eventually got a more specific email response.

This one, unlike the earlier auto-responder, was not a form letter and they did say my comments would be passed along to the individuals and their supervisor.

So yeah, I think they do read this stuff.

My last two write ins (commendations) received a specific response as did my one complaint. Maybe if you have status you get a specific response and if you do not, you get a form letter.

mromalley Jul 31, 2018 2:31 pm

Last time I wanted to acknowledge outstanding flight crew service, ACYYZ/SD suggested I email their boss. According to Linkedin it is,

Anup R. Arand
Senior Director, In Flight Service - Air Canada

You could also send a message to ACYYZ/SD to confirm.

You could send a message to our resident SD, ACYYZ/SD and ask for his current b

longtimeflyin Jul 31, 2018 3:32 pm

I'm always very careful with what I write in my thank you notes. You want to ensure you do not write that a particular member provided great service, and then give an example of what he/she did which turns out to be against SOP. Last I need is for my letter of good intention to be interpreted the wrong way by management. Thank you letters are fantastic and appreciated by all of us as we are mere mortals, but please be careful with what is in those letters. AC management is...

YEG_SE4Life Jul 31, 2018 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin (Post 30033189)
I'm always very careful with what I write in my thank you notes. You want to ensure you do not write that a particular member provided great service, and then give an example of what he/she did which turns out to be against SOP. Last I need is for my letter of good intention to be interpreted the wrong way by management. Thank you letters are fantastic and appreciated by all of us as we are mere mortals, but please be careful with what is in those letters. AC management is...

I believe that this is an urban legend. AC has a manager who's only responsibility is employee recognition. AC applauds employees who go out of their way to help their customers. I have written many emails to VPs, Directors, and Managers to tell them what a great job their employees have done. Those employees have received nothing but praise, from the company, for their efforts. I always give lots of details of what I believe the employee did to go above and beyond. It is always well received, and I have had Lounge attendants, gate agents, Concierge staff, and FAs thank me for the emails I have sent.
When you recognize an employee, they get recognized from the company. It doesn't matter whether it is AC ML, ACr, or Jazz. Believe me, your positive comments make a wonderful difference in someone's life.

Cozmo456 Jul 31, 2018 5:14 pm

I think SEMM is enough to warrant a specific response.

But when the response is letter for letter the same and inappropriate in one case, I see a form letter.

I want these people to get recognized. That is why I write in.