Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LH Economy Classic -- will I get Aeroplan miles?

Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*50K

Will I get Aeroplan miles for LH Economy Classic flights, like the one below? Nowhere can I see a booking class.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Using matrix.itasoftware.com the same flights available for €204.24 is in booking class "S"

https://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...fthansaAirways

Intra-European Flights EconomyY, B, M, U, H, Q,
V, W, S, T, L 50%
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
You need to confirm the booking classes, and some of the intra-Europe fares do not give Aeroplan points. The frustrating thing is that many times you are not able to find out, until check-in, and I had a few cases in the last few years.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
You have to make sure it's not a K fare, I'd recommend confirming with LH (perhaps a phone agent) prior to purchase if miles are important to you.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I will admit that I doubted the OP on this one, but sure enough LH hides the fare class.

Unacceptable to me for all of the games they play with earning these days. This appears to only happen on the Intra-Europe bookings thought from what I can see.

My recent LH long-haul booking clearly displays P class everywhere.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
LH.com does not show the booking classes on the summary page, but on the prior page when you select the flight.

When you click on "Show booking classes" the following window shows up:

Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*50K
Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by eigenvector
You have to make sure it's not a K fare, I'd recommend confirming with LH (perhaps a phone agent) prior to purchase if miles are important to you.
Cheapish flights on LH and LX are always K fare which earn 0% on AP even on long haul. Call them and ask what your booking classes are, but at the very least you can open up an NH account and collect 30% there. My philosophy is the miles are gonna get given or wasted, so you might as well take them even if you never end up using them.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Cheapish flights on LH and LX are always K fare which earn 0% on AP even on long haul. Call them and ask what your booking classes are, but at the very least you can open up an NH account and collect 30% there. My philosophy is the miles are gonna get given or wasted, so you might as well take them even if you never end up using them.
LH K earns 25% award miles and 100% status miles in United's program, FYI.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:43 am

But is the earning still based on the letter of the booking class rather than the 'fare type' booked? IE if a fare is K does it make no difference to purchase a flex, you would still receive no miles? And the reverse, a B fare booked in economy light would get full miles?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bcnfish
But is the earning still based on the letter of the booking class rather than the 'fare type' booked? IE if a fare is K does it make no difference to purchase a flex, you would still receive no miles? And the reverse, a B fare booked in economy light would get full miles?
That is correct - but keep in mind that any Economy booking class within Europe only earns 50% miles with AP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.