Wiki Posts
Search

MLL Shower Mishaps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
....with shards of glass everywhere....
....it was a cheap towel rack....
As in big, fat shards of glass and not the little bits that tempered glass would make? A cheap product for sure and a stupid oversight/screwup to make by using such a product in a bathroom area. Regardless at least you're okay and have a story to tell.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
There is definitely a "press for aid" button in YYZ TB showers.
Well that's good news. I would press this in any of the above three conditions. But I don't think I've ever used a MLL shower, only UA ones

Originally Posted by windscar
As in big, fat shards of glass and not the little bits that tempered glass would make? A cheap product for sure and a stupid oversight/screwup to make by using such a product in a bathroom area. Regardless at least you're okay and have a story to tell.
I'm assuming it was safety glass that tends to be less dangerous, if it wasn't, well that's a AC safety complaint, in my opinion
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: FOTSG
The only issue I've ever had in a MLL shower was one day last summer in the YYZ Int'l MLL. The shower water wasn't cold enough!

Normally the water not being cold would be the exact opposite of a problem. But in that particular case, I had been outside for most of the day in the Ontario heat and humidity and was looking forward to a nice freezing shower to cool down and relax before my Rouge redeye to MAN. No such luck!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
I'm assuming it was safety glass that tends to be less dangerous, if it wasn't, well that's a AC safety complaint, in my opinion
I wish I had taken a picture.

There were definitely tons of tiny little pieces of glass everywhere.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I wish I had taken a picture.

There were definitely tons of tiny little pieces of glass everywhere.
That sounds like tempered glass. I wouldn't want to walk on it, or pull a pants full of it up my leg, but if it turned into little nodules, its not going to slice through your bone like a regular glass will.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:29 pm

tons of tiny little pieces of glass everywhere.
That's good then, and like RangerNS said, definitely better then what I pictured in my mind when you said shards, pieces of glass up to the size of your hand ready to cut, slice, and dice you.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

That's good then, and like RangerNS said, definitely better then what I pictured in my mind when you said shards, pieces of glass up to the size of your hand ready to cut, slice, and dice you.
Oh there were big pieces too.

A wide variety of shapes and sizes.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:52 pm

Well then that doesn't sound like tempered glass, very penny wise and pound foolish to use non-tempered glass in such an environment.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Oh there were big pieces too.

A wide variety of shapes and sizes.
Pick a side, cow .... left or right?

Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canopus27
Pick a side, cow .... left or right?

Left, but there were definitely still some very large pieces.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:04 pm

...but there were definitely still some very large pieces.
As in pieces that looked like a spider web, a bunch of the little pieces that just haven't fully separated from one another. Or a piece that looked like it was from a broken window panel?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

As in pieces that looked like a spider web, a bunch of the little pieces that just haven't fully separated from one another. Or a piece that looked like it was from a broken window panel?
I don't recall.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
It was tempered glass. We can safely assume the lounge was built conforming to municipal/provincial code and inspected as such, and was not a cheap bathroom install by a ramp worker's wife's cousin Harb.

Originally Posted by jc94
Cow's lucky here, he was travelling with a friend and can call the concierge. Consider how many of us travel often alone and without concierge access; having no towel or a wet one really isn't acceptable and as evidenced here it's not exactly a one off. Combined with the latest incident it sounds like AC should really initiate a "Press for aid" type button that could be pressed if one is unable to dry themselves or in extreme cases is showered in glass. I mean, stuff happens. It's unfortunate but in a hotel one can always call down to the desk and that's not really an option in a lounge. Luckily, no injuries and previous incidents were resolved due to travelling with a friend.
Anybody having difficulties working their way through the above scenario would certainly die of starvation in a basic fun-day-out escape room.
acysb87 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.