Search

Status Match from BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aeroplan
Status Match from BA

Hi All,

I'm about to start doing a lot of travelling to Canada so looking to join the Aeroplan programme.

I'm currently Silver with BA, and will hit Gold at the end of the month, so I was wondering a) do AC offer a status match or challenge, and b) when should I ask about it? As I'm about to hit Gold, is it worth waiting to get a higher match/challenge?

Also, if it is a challenge, when do flights start counting from? I'm doing some AC flights next week so would like those to count.

Thanks!!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I started flying AC with a challenge. I sent a copy of my BA Gold card plus a recent account statement to AC and got challenged to fly 18,500 miles in 90 days for Elite 50K status. They used the date I sent proof of my BA status as the start date. Not sure if this challenge still exists though.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:00 am

Better applying the challenge after you reached BA gold. AC offers the 50K challenge all the time but you may have to wait for up to 8 weeks before you receive a reply from their mailbox.
greenmeadie likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Unlike BA, AC uses the calendar year vs BA’s “year” based on when you join the program. This generally means if you take a Challenge in the 2nd half of the calendar year you will hold status through the following year as well as the balance of the current year. However mileage accumulation restarts January 1st. Technically the benefit year runs March through the following February. Just remember when booking, AC is now offering Basic Economy fares on many routes and you may not earn eligible mile towards your Challenge. AC also has a Spend component for status qualification too, though not sure how it’s now applied to Challenges.
EuroRob and greenmeadie like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aeroplan
Thanks for the advice; very helpful.

I'm going to wait to hit Gold with BA and then apply. Can AC add miles retrospectively? Not a huge necessity but would be nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.