Wiki Posts
Search

CR9 Seating chart, JAZZ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
CR9 Seating chart, JAZZ

On the AC CR9 (JAZZ), is the best seat 12C? It appears there is great legroom due to the J cabin having only 1 seat in front, leaving no seat directly in front of 12C.

Also, of the two exit rows, does the rear exit row also not recline?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cdmca
On the AC CR9 (JAZZ), is the best seat 12C? It appears there is great legroom due to the J cabin having only 1 seat in front, leaving no seat directly in front of 12C.

I prefer seats in the first 3 rows.
ffsim and canadiancow like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry

12C is a great seat to sit in if you want *everyone* to bump into you during the boarding process. Tray's in the armrest, so the armrest if immovable and the seat's narrower. Plus, bun space is kind of limited around that part of the plane.

Can't answer your question about the emergency exit rows, but ever since the re-config, I've taken 13C or 13D.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by ffsim
Plus, bun space is kind of limited around that part of the plane.
https://www.bunspace.com/

So for econ cabin, how about 12D? Is it a little less "bumpy" than the 12C?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:18 am

Thanks for the replies!

https://www.bunspace.com/

So for econ cabin, how about 12D? Is it a little less "bumpy" than the 12C?
In my experience, D and F are the best seats in economy. Tons of legroom and there’s lots of room under the seats in front of you for bags if bin space is taken. 12AC are good, but because C doesn’t have a seat in front it isn’t as good as DF. I’ve chosen 12D or F recently over buying business as you basically get the legroom and comfort of business for much less (and I don’t eat the meals on aircraft and don’t like to drink on flights, so that stuff is of no benefit to me).
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arf04

In my experience, D and F are the best seats in economy. Tons of legroom and there’s lots of room under the seats in front of you for bags if bin space is taken. 12AC are good, but because C doesn’t have a seat in front it isn’t as good as DF. I’ve chosen 12D or F recently over buying business as you basically get the legroom and comfort of business for much less (and I don’t eat the meals on aircraft and don’t like to drink on flights, so that stuff is of no benefit to me).
Thanks! 12D it is!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA
I'm not a regular AC flyer and looking for recommendation on which seat to choose. I'm currently in 20C exit row. I have access to basically the full econ cabin with the exception of anything 18 or 12D which are already taken.

would you take one of the remaining 12's or anything in the 19 exit row? Is there under seat storage in 12's?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by theshaun
I'm not a regular AC flyer and looking for recommendation on which seat to choose. I'm currently in 20C exit row. I have access to basically the full econ cabin with the exception of anything 18 or 12D which are already taken.

would you take one of the remaining 12's or anything in the 19 exit row? Is there under seat storage in 12's?
I fly on the CRJ900s quite often and have tried both row 12 and 20. I’m with most people in saying that 12A/D/F are the best seats for legroom, and not getting bumped into. Row 20 also has a good amount of legroom, but not as much space as 12. I would avoid row 19 as those seats do not recline due the the exit behind.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I prefer seats in the first 3 rows.
I'd even take row 4.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer

I fly on the CRJ900s quite often and have tried both row 12 and 20. I’m with most people in saying that 12A/D/F are the best seats for legroom, and not getting bumped into. Row 20 also has a good amount of legroom, but not as much space as 12. I would avoid row 19 as those seats do not recline due the the exit behind.
Does 12A have easy access to the aisle due to there being no seat in front of 12C?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by theshaun
Does 12A have easy access to the aisle due to there being no seat in front of 12C?
Theres a ton of space between row 4 and row 12. Aisle access shouldn’t be an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.