Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What’s Happening with AC7675 BOS to YYZ Today? (28June)

Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

AC7675 BOS to YYZ today 1:20 hours late departing, 3:23 late arriving.

Anyone have details?

Last edited by johnston21; Jun 28, 2018 at 5:07 pm Reason: Correction
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Rmks/late eqi account wx
bos 1550 01:20l yyz 1931 03:14l e75 ad ea
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Much appreciated.

Best!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:45 pm

Big ugly thunderstorms are sometimes a thing.

Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yep, I just made it out of EWR -barely- and the whole region is a mess.

That made for pretty views from the window, though!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:02 pm

Also, I wonder what type of flyer doesn't arm themselves with data while flying in this type of situation. I mean, my phone has FlightAware, FlightStats, PlaneFinder, FlightRadar24; other apps that give me airport data.

I'm often giving the gate agent up to date information, and know of flight cancellations before they and others do.

How can someone not easily determine it was the inbound that was late, and that WX was having an impact, and there were big blaring notices that BOS was under delays in and out?

Do people really travel data-blind?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by intheairguy
also, i wonder what type of flyer doesn't arm themselves with data while flying in this type of situation. I mean, my phone has flightaware, flightstats, planefinder, flightradar24; other apps that give me airport data.

I'm often giving the gate agent up to date information, and know of flight cancellations before they and others do.

How can someone not easily determine it was the inbound that was late, and that wx was having an impact, and there were big blaring notices that bos was under delays in and out?

fotsg / vbit

My grandma would have no idea what to do either... not all of us are FTers!

Added: Nevermind, my grandma would call me to find out. So I guess she has experience.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Also, I wonder what type of flyer doesn't arm themselves with data while flying in this type of situation.
You forgot Live ATC...otherwise I have the AC app and that’s it, just the 2 + friendly Flyertalk bookmarked. I guess i’m a minimalist career traveler. BTW, I was departing from DCA and tracking backwards...
Good weekend all.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Also, I wonder what type of flyer doesn't arm themselves with data while flying in this type of situation. I mean, my phone has FlightAware, FlightStats, PlaneFinder, FlightRadar24; other apps that give me airport data.

How can someone not easily determine it was the inbound that was late, and that WX was having an impact, and there were big blaring notices that BOS was under delays in and out?

Very little people.

Many forget that we get on board a metal tube at 11,000m to travel at 900km/h.

Stand around a gate during IRROPS and you'll hear a lot of stuff like "but it's just wind" or "why is rain a problem, is the plane made out of chocolate?"

Even some that fly several times a year aren't super aware of how "fragile" the whole thing is until they hit a few nasty situations, and eventually look for tools to help predict potential issues. Or even pull up the weather forecast at all lol

How was yesterday in BOS though? YUL was supposed to be pretty bad but ended up getting nicely spared. Even had a cool downtown air show.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.