FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   1st ever YQB Fall 2018 Do - Vieux Québec / Quebec City (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1916050-1st-ever-yqb-fall-2018-do-vieux-quebec-quebec-city.html)

jasdou Jun 23, 2018 11:53 am

1st ever YQB Fall 2018 Do - Vieux Québec / Quebec City

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...05d203ffe0.jpg

Some of us here in La Belle Province (along with some remote help from YYZ - hi 24left!) have gathered to organize what we believe will be the first ever Do in YQB!

The details of the venue and catering are still being discussed but we wanted to post the invitation quickly to settle on a date and to give some time to book flights for those who have to fly in. Accomodations will also be recommended soon based on the location of the Do.

Two dates are possible: September 22nd or October 13th. Please chime in with your preferrence. -EDIT- Sept 22nd has been chosen based on the comments.

--
Quelques Québécois (avec l'aide de 24gauche de YYZ!) se rassemblent pour organiser ce que nous croyons être la toute première rencontre FT à YQB!

Les détails du lieu et de la nourriture/boisson sont toujours en discussion mais nous voulions afficher l'invitation rapidement afin de décider d'une date et de donner du temps pour réserver les vols. Nous ferons aussi des recommandations pour l'hébergement basés sur le lieu du rassemblement.

Deux dates sont possibles: 22 septembre ou 13 octobre. Veuillez laisser savoir votre préférence! -EDIT- La date du 22 septembre a été retenue sur la base des commentaires ci-bas.

pewpew Jun 23, 2018 12:06 pm

I don't have my class schedule yet, so I can't comment which is better, but I hope to be able to make this one! QC City is a place I've wanted to visit for years

Adam Smith Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Cool!

I can't make September 22, but might be interested for October 13. Can't commit yet, though.

Great initiative to organise this!

lallied Jun 23, 2018 12:54 pm

I can make it likely esp if 22 sep. great plan!

jsfrSE Jun 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Great initiative, Sept. 22 would be good for me, not sure yet about October 13.

canadiancow Jun 23, 2018 2:31 pm

September probably works better for me, but the commitment I've made forces me to attend every North American Saturday do.

You'd have to really tweak the definition of "do" for this to be the first though :p

​​​​

D582 Jun 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Sounds great... I hope I can attend but won't know until closer to the time. September looks better right now.

smallmj Jun 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Just checking the flight options from YHZ/YQM to YQB on those dates. 3-6 hours with a stop in YUL to fly what would be 325-400 miles direct. Makes me miss the Jazz Air Nova Dash 8-100 flight that used to go YHZ-YQM-YQB back in the 90s. No wonder my wife and I drove when we visited the old city on Victoria day weekend. I'd love to make it to a do sometime but I'll probably have to wait until one happens in the Maritimes. I won't say no for sure, but probably not.

ps You should do a group visit to Montmorency Falls. I was very impressed. We also enjoyed the river cruise, though we were disappointed that the dinner cruise wasn't available in May.

tartempion Jun 23, 2018 5:40 pm

I wil be in Montreal 15 to 23 sept leaving on TK at 23h.
I might very well attend awaiting details for this YQB...never attended a Do....

Yhztraveller Jun 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 29898852)
September probably works better for me, but the commitment I've made forces me to attend every North American Saturday do.

You'd have to really tweak the definition of "do" for this to be the first though :p

​​​​

1st one in YQB, and the 1st one that 24left will bake for!!!!

Yhztraveller Jun 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by tartempion (Post 29899322)
I wil be in Montreal 15 to 23 sept leaving on TK at 23h.
I might very well attend awaiting details for this YQB...never attended a Do....

Perfect opportunity to attend one!! There is a train from Montreal to QC and the train station is not far from the potential venue!

Yhztraveller Jun 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj (Post 29899305)
Just checking the flight options from YHZ/YQM to YQB on those dates. 3-6 hours with a stop in YUL to fly what would be 325-400 miles direct. Makes me miss the Jazz Dash 8-100 flight that used to go YHZ-YQM-YQB back in the 90s. No wonder my wife and I drove when we visited the old city on Victoria day weekend. I'd love to make it to a do sometime but I'll probably have to wait until one happens in the Maritimes. I won't say no for sure, but probably not.

ps You should do a group visit to Montmorency Falls. I was very impressed. We also enjoyed the river cruise, though we were disappointed that the dinner cruise wasn't available in May.

Welcome to my life “chaque semaine”

Flying into YQB is always challenging, even from YYZ.

The Falls are very nice. Good hiking around there.

canadiancow Jun 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 29899565)

Welcome to my life “chaque semaine”

Flying into YQB is always challenging, even from YYZ.

The Falls are very nice. Good hiking around there.

From YYZ is great. Their credit card machine is broken, so when you ask for your BVRG, they leak that information, and then you get unlimited free drinks on the Q400 while the rest of the cabin has no idea.

I mean what?

Yhztraveller Jun 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 29899603)
From YYZ is great. Their credit card machine is broken, so when you ask for your BVRG, they leak that information, and then you get unlimited free drinks on the Q400 while the rest of the cabin has no idea.

I mean what?

The benefits of being a minor AC celebrity Mr Cow??

tartempion Jun 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 29899555)

Perfect opportunity to attend one!! There is a train from Montreal to QC and the train station is not far from the potential venue!

I have female pick-up/drop-off driver at YUL, she might as wel drive me to YQB, i’ll offer the hotel and food....