Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Policy on Adult Passengers and Caregivers - ? discount on ticket price

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I heard rumours that AC offers discount on the ticket price of caregivers who accompany the passenger (they normally take care of).

Is that true?

if yes, does it include both economy and business class fares?
If no, I am wondering about other airlines - my father is interested in going to MCO and to HNL from YVR in the next 6 months or so.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hilton Diamond
Search "Travel with an Attendant" on aircanada.com Advance approval for the medical condition and attendant is required by filing forms with the AC Medical Desk.

I have two children with Special Needs so I use this often with Canada. For flying to the US it is sometimes more cost effective to use points or purchase the airfare as the discount is not as attractive. Discount fares do not apply to Hawaii,
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
For domestic travel see the tariff at https://www.aircanada.com/content/da..._tariff_en.pdf - Rule 40 E - p 25

For international travel see the tariff at https://www.aircanada.com/content/da..._Tariff_en.pdf - Rule 40 E - p 38
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I called AC - and AC has a medical desk that the public can call. It is 1-800-667-4732, Open 6 am - 8 pm M-F/ 6 am - 6 pm Sat/Sun.

The policy is valid for flights within Canada and continental USA - whereby an attendant /caregiver gets a discount (on either the revenue ticket or Aeroplan ticket) of 50% (dollars or Aeroplan miles respectively) for a transborder flight and taxes only ()no payment required for base fare fo revenue ticket nor any Aeroplan miles for award ticket) for a domestic Canadian flight. The passenger and attendant must sit in the same cabin - either economy, premium economy, or business class. To be eligible for the discount, the passenger and attendant must both be booked on either a revenue ticket or an Aeroplan ticket - one can not have a passenger booked on a revenue ticket and the attendant booked on an Aeroplan ticket, or vice versa.

This policy does not apply to flights all other international flights - so Hawaii would be excluded.

To be eligible for the discount, the passenger's physician must fill out the appropriate paper work and that has to be sent to the AC medical desk. However, one can book first and get the 50% discount; the completed paperwork can then be sent to AC shortly and processed (but obviously before flight departure).

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Jun 24, 2018 at 11:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.