Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Schedule Change w/ United Segment

Old Jun 10, 18, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Emerald Executive, HHonors Gold

Good evening all!

With your vast expanse of knowledge Iím hoping you can assist me with an issue and how to go about getting it fixed :-)

I had an Aeroplan award booking BCN-EWR-YOW-YHZ that just had a schedule change. The BCN-EWR AND EWR-YOW segments were operated by UA and YOW-YHZ by AC. The EWR-YOW just changed so now itís leaving EWR after my YOW-YHZ flight leaves. I contacted Aeroplan with several options for new flights but the agent said because it is a UA change she can only change the UA segments? I gave her a BCN-FRA-YYZ-YHZ option and a BCN-MUC-YUL-YHZ option and she said it couldnít be done because it was UAís change? The agent suggested I ďleave it alone for now because there will be other changesĒ but I donít really want to do that.

Is this a case of HUCA?

Thanks, JasYHZ
Old Jun 10, 18, 9:46 pm

Yeah you could HUCA, or you could show up for your as-scheduled flights, indicate to the UA staff that your connections will be messed up, and they'll cough up a reservation that works (presumably your suggestions would be helpful!) .

How far out are we talking? I agree with the agent though, wouldn't touch the reservation until a few weeks out.
Old Jun 11, 18, 12:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by JasYHZ View Post
Is this a case of HUCA?
Yes, as that answer was nonsense.

That being said, the alternatives you found didn't look all that appealing to me. Since you will only get one fee-free change, I might be inclined to wait until closer to the date of the flight (if it isn't fairly soon) in the hopes that something better, like the EWR-YHZ direct, would open up. Of course, "better" is in the eye of the beholder and maybe you were perfectly happy with those alternatives you gave the agent, in which case you could HUCA now.
Old Jun 11, 18, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Emerald Executive, HHonors Gold
Well I HUCA'ed and spoke to a completely different agent with a completely different stand on customer service We spoke for several minutes and after some back and forth was able to confirm me in J for LH BCN-MUC-YUL and AC YUL-YHZ. No additional collection for fuel surcharges ("I need to call a special desk to get it overridden") and opened up space in J on the YUL-YHZ even without me asking. Leave BCN an hour later and get in YHZ 2 hours earlier.

I'm happy with this outcome.

JasYHZ
Old Jun 11, 18, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Thats how it should have been handled. Glad they didnt try to scamcharge you

Search this Thread
Search Engine: