FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan Schedule Change w/ United Segment (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1913659-aeroplan-schedule-change-w-united-segment.html)

JasYHZ Jun 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Aeroplan Schedule Change w/ United Segment

Good evening all!

With your vast expanse of knowledge I’m hoping you can assist me with an issue and how to go about getting it fixed :-)

I had an Aeroplan award booking BCN-EWR-YOW-YHZ that just had a schedule change. The BCN-EWR AND EWR-YOW segments were operated by UA and YOW-YHZ by AC. The EWR-YOW just changed so now it’s leaving EWR after my YOW-YHZ flight leaves. I contacted Aeroplan with several options for new flights but the agent said because it is a UA change she can only change the UA segments? I gave her a BCN-FRA-YYZ-YHZ option and a BCN-MUC-YUL-YHZ option and she said it couldn’t be done because it was UA’s change? The agent suggested I “leave it alone for now because there will be other changes” but I don’t really want to do that.

Is this a case of HUCA?

Thanks, JasYHZ

pitz Jun 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Yeah you could HUCA, or you could show up for your as-scheduled flights, indicate to the UA staff that your connections will be messed up, and they'll cough up a reservation that works (presumably your suggestions would be helpful!) .

How far out are we talking? I agree with the agent though, wouldn't touch the reservation until a few weeks out.

Adam Smith Jun 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by JasYHZ (Post 29851663)
Is this a case of HUCA?

Yes, as that answer was nonsense.

That being said, the alternatives you found didn't look all that appealing to me. Since you will only get one fee-free change, I might be inclined to wait until closer to the date of the flight (if it isn't fairly soon) in the hopes that something better, like the EWR-YHZ direct, would open up. Of course, "better" is in the eye of the beholder and maybe you were perfectly happy with those alternatives you gave the agent, in which case you could HUCA now.

JasYHZ Jun 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Well I HUCA'ed and spoke to a completely different agent with a completely different stand on customer service :) We spoke for several minutes and after some back and forth was able to confirm me in J for LH BCN-MUC-YUL and AC YUL-YHZ. No additional collection for fuel surcharges ("I need to call a special desk to get it overridden") and opened up space in J on the YUL-YHZ even without me asking. Leave BCN an hour later and get in YHZ 2 hours earlier.

I'm happy with this outcome.

JasYHZ

rankourabu Jun 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Thats how it should have been handled. Glad they didnt try to scamcharge you :)