Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
lets DO it.
folkart and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Always happy to participate if I am in town wherever the do is!^
We should try a "do" with the hope to have some folks attend that have not been there for a while

Have not met up with BB,shareholder,Nordsfan,parnel, shore9 ,KenH,Margarita Girl... for quite some time.
While it is always great to meet new folks from AC FT, Some of these long time flyers/posters would bring an interesting perspective to the dos.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
YYC Sept

I'm in for a YYC do but will likely be in Casablanca and Malaga until around the 12th of Sept.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Down for a yyc do too
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
:

Hadn't seen that as I rarely venture outside the confines of AC FT, but thanks, I'll take that into consideration.
Originally Posted by folkart
I'm in for a YYC do but will likely be in Casablanca and Malaga until around the 12th of Sept.
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Down for a yyc do too
Looks like @nomadic.relief is doing a YVR DO sometime during the weekend of September 14-16.
Given the "proximity" (that is, as FTers, YVR and YYC could arguably considered next door to each other), maybe better to have the YYC one a bit later? Or maybe the day after or before the YVR DO to give some of us a chance to both in consecutive days?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
....Or maybe the day after or before the YVR DO to give some of us a chance to both in consecutive days?
A couple of us did that in July 2015, attending the YYC Do and flying to YVR to attend a mini-do there the next day.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
A couple of us did that in July 2015, attending the YYC Do and flying to YVR to attend a mini-do there the next day.
Ah yes, I remember that.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE
And soon we will get a thread about how Dos are too frequent nowadays.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Down for a yyc do too
Me too depending on dates of course.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
For those of you interested in a YYC Do, anyone down for an impromptu after-work drinks downtown next Tuesday (June 19th), somewhere like National on 8th?

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Looks like @nomadic.relief is doing a YVR DO sometime during the weekend of September 14-16.
Given the "proximity" (that is, as FTers, YVR and YYC could arguably considered next door to each other), maybe better to have the YYC one a bit later? Or maybe the day after or before the YVR DO to give some of us a chance to both in consecutive days?
Problem then is that some people will complain that they can only come to Dos on Saturday nights

I don't know what my schedule is going to be like for September/October yet. I'll be in MUC/PRG/VIE for 10 days, which is known, but also have about 10 days to BOG and a week to LHR and possibly more for work travel that I have little visibility on. So I'll post a thread about the burger and Scotch Do when I can commit to a date.

Why are you so fussed about this? I didn't think a FOTSG like you would be flying around for Dos!
canadiancow and Diabeetus like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
lets DO it.
It would be great to connect with you again!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Problem then is that some people will complain that they can only come to Dos on Saturday nights
I know you mean me

But yes, on a Saturday night, I will go anywhere in North America.

On a Tuesday night, I might go as far as LAX
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
For those of you interested in a YYC Do, anyone down for an impromptu after-work drinks downtown next Tuesday (June 19th), somewhere like National on 8th?
I'll be at CDG, but will keep an eye out on this thread for the Sep dates.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:34 am

I knew at some point that thread was going to get cross referenced, just was hoping to be a bit more concrete in plans!

So a head's up - an international Do isn't just one thing or day ... there will be dinners both Friday and Saturday, there will be touristy activities, there will be people doing their own thing, there will be hotel bars that get lounged in until they close with smaller random groups, there will likely be a beer tour(s).

Everyone of course is welcome, but there will be a sign up process later in July as not everything can accommodate everyone, nor will everyone be interested in all activites (does a local want a walking tour of Gastown, probably not, a European first timer in Canada, definitely!)

Look forward to seeing anyone who can make it, and would definitely be up for a YYC Do, just not quite this month.
Bohemian1 and CZAMFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.