Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada prices outrageous at the moment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada prices outrageous at the moment

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by ekc8946
Yes they do, but with kids and several connections...ughhhhh!!!!
Something about a cake and eating it too.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Something about a cake and eating it too.
Cake? Where? Hide it before 24left comes.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by jc94

I really hope you are up front for that Christmas trip.

Vote with your wallet folks!
Family of four, in the back.
Damn right wallet is voting.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Hate to be that guy but there is no first class on AC (first class prices certainly sometimes).
Doesn't AC want us to think that "First Class" is the same as "Signature Class"?
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jc94

I seem to remember a story about a concierge trying to convince someone about how AC J was awesome and.. maybe even equivalent to LH F

Even pre deflategate I’m not convinced
My rating of three airline
SAS J : 9/10
Air China J : 7.5/10 (Took one point off because not all seats offer aisle access)
Air Canada J : 5.5/10 (Three points off for awful sleeping experience)

They can't even hold a candle against Air China's 2-2-2 configuration and they think they are equal to LH F ?!

ROFLMAO

​​​​​​
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skybluesea
Exactly...

CanadianCow routinely reports SFO-YYZ-EU in J for dirt cheap prices compared to that available to EU from Canada.
You're referring to mistake fares. It was actually MUC-SFO-MUC, and I was just booking them until they pulled the fare.

Not quite the same as trying to get to a specific destination
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Air China J : 7.5/10 (Took one point off because not all seats offer aisle access)

They can't even hold a candle against Air China's 2-2-2 configuration and they think they are equal to LH F ?!

ROFLMAO

​​​​​​
All international long haul comparisons, right?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
All international long haul comparisons, right?
Yep.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

ROFLMAO

​​​​​​
I'm not sure why you feel it's appropriate to compare products in this thread but I will touch on pricing for Air China versus Air Canada. My issue with the Chinese carriers in general is that several mainland carriers have cabins that smell of cigarette smoke so while Air Canada commands a premium, I'm more than happy to pay it so I don't have to suffer the ill effects of second hand smoke. That alone justifies Air Canada charging a premium and is why someone like me is more than happy to pay it.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Hey peeps!

For the past couple years, we always booked our winter vacations in June with Air Canada bc it was cheap. However, I dont see anything right now.
In fact, AC is way more expensive then all the other carriers. i.e Halifax to Antigua-477$ on Round trip with United. 900$ + with AC.

Anyone knows whats going on?
They are charging what they think they can get to make a profit which makes sense for a public company. Fly on United and you save half, problem solved.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I'm not sure why you feel it's appropriate to compare products in this thread but I will touch on pricing for Air China versus Air Canada. My issue with the Chinese carriers in general is that several mainland carriers have cabins that smell of cigarette smoke so while Air Canada commands a premium, I'm more than happy to pay it so I don't have to suffer the ill effects of second hand smoke. That alone justifies Air Canada charging a premium and is why someone like me is more than happy to pay it.
Usually it stems from pilots smoking in the cockpit.

But eh, to each his own...
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You're referring to mistake fares.
Mistake or NOT, a transaction is a transaction valid in the marketplace as you paid good money and received fair service in return I suppose - I recall seeing your post with the flight miles so you did in fact transact which NO longer makes this a mistake.

The point here is quite simple...OP made broad sweeping statement about AC fares, which has been countered by multiple posts...

have a great weekend
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by vernonc
Looking at YYZ-MIA/FLL last week of June and it is $800 one way in econ. The plane(s) must be really full
Canadian Airports Council reports 5 million ex-Canada trips originate in airport just south of border - if you live SW Toronto towards Hamilton, might be an alternative for you.

Here in Vancouver, the Bellingham airport parking lot is routinely half or more full with BC plates.

Plenty of alternatives, and AC not always the best or the worst....

just this morning Client changed my dates for me to be in DEL later in week, so better path is switching from China Southern to Cathay Pacific (one of my absolute favourite J class airlines) - hands down CX over NOT only AC but many other choices, but do have fondness for both TK & SQ
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:34 am
Suspended

AC prices are Outrageous. for the same option with another airline, its double the price. Thats all

Yes im free to choose another alternative,etc. I just tought that AC would be at par/similar with other companies. thats all
Your opinion as to what is outrageous or not is just that, your opinion. In my opinion, economy seating these days is outrageously low and as a result, the product that the airlines provide for economy is outrageous.

The real issue ekc8946, is that there are too many people who put price ahead of all other considerations and as a result are driving the airlines into a race to the bottom. You find the price outrageous and yet I don't see you complaining about seat width or seat pitch. Or having to pay to pre-book a seat, for a drink, check a bag, etc. etc.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it only reflects your perspective, no one else's. As I said, I think the prices are too low.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
Your opinion as to what is outrageous or not is just that, your opinion. In my opinion, economy seating these days is outrageously low and as a result, the product that the airlines provide for economy is outrageous.

The real issue ekc8946, is that there are too many people who put price ahead of all other considerations and as a result are driving the airlines into a race to the bottom. You find the price outrageous and yet I don't see you complaining about seat width or seat pitch. Or having to pay to pre-book a seat, for a drink, check a bag, etc. etc.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it only reflects your perspective, no one else's. As I said, I think the prices are too low.
Eh, you can buy PY or J if you want to pay more.

Nothing wrong with Y minus being cheap, as you say, by popular demand. Real culprits are employers with no respect for their people. Or worse, clueless...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.