Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flying LHR to St Louis via YYZ and last leg not in business; lounge access YYZ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver - UNITED SA Silver

Hello,

I'm travelling in few weeks from LHR to St Louis via YYZ.
The flight is booked under Business class (LHR-YYZ ) however the flight YYZ - STL does not offer business , am i still able to get access to the YYZ transborder lounge?
Old May 30, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Before I had status I was in a similar situation and had no problem accessing the lounge, show your J BP as well.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Cool thanks
Old May 30, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
I haven't tried with a J ticket but the Terms and Conditions of the lounge speak to only E50K and above being able to use the lounge upon arrival.
2 years ago I used it as E35K but last year was turned away so they may have changed fairly recently to focusing on high status passengers only.

"Maple Leaf Lounges are reserved for customers departing on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada Express or Air Canada codeshare flight, or on a Star Alliance member airline flight. Exception: Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K members as well as their qualifying guests may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight."
Source: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html
Old May 30, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by TOR27
I haven't tried with a J ticket but the Terms and Conditions of the lounge speak to only E50K and above being able to use the lounge upon arrival.
2 years ago I used it as E35K but last year was turned away so they may have changed fairly recently to focusing on high status passengers only.

"Maple Leaf Lounges are reserved for customers departing on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada Express or Air Canada codeshare flight, or on a Star Alliance member airline flight. Exception: Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K members as well as their qualifying guests may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight."
Source: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html
This isn't an arrivals situation. It's a connection and the OP would be going to the TB Lounge, presumably.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need to have a same day J BP to get access.
alphaklg and AhmedF like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by YOWkid
You need to have a same day J BP to get access.
By "same day" are you meaning that the same-day J BP from LHR-YYZ will count to get access in YYZ for YYZ-STL?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html

Business Class Ticket HoldersEnjoy Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge access as you wait for your Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada codeshare flight, or for a flight with one of our Star Alliance partners.
Highlighting mine.

The entry criteria on the AC website doesn't say BP, it says ticket, so I guess it comes down to the definition of "ticket" (and I'll admit that I don't know what it is).
  1. If "ticket" is the city-pair fare basis of LHR-STL, but a seat is confirmed in Y for the segment in question, then the fact that this is a J ticket should be sufficient to grant access.
  2. If "ticket" is what people often refer to as a BP, then access shouldn't be granted.
IMHO, scenario 1 above is the interpretation that should be used.

OP, I recommend you simply follow pprrff's advice. Go to the YYZ lounge, show your LHR-YYZ and YYZ-STL boarding passes and explain you bought a J ticket but that there is no J cabin on the airplane. Please report back regarding if you're granted access or not.

EDIT: Further found this under "Admittance Terms and Conditions" (highlighting mine)

• At the reception desk, eligible customers must present their same-day ticket or boarding pass on a departing Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada codeshare flight, or any Star Alliance member airline flight. They may also be required to present their Altitude or Star Alliance Gold membership card.

Last edited by YEG USER; May 31, 2018 at 9:03 am
Old May 31, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YEG USER
By "same day" are you meaning that the same-day J BP from LHR-YYZ will count to get access in YYZ for YYZ-STL?
Yes. But they should see it in the system anyway when they scan the BP in the system so there's no need to proactively produce it.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:42 am
Original Poster

just checked the ticket restrictions and advantages it says for both flights access to lounge and priority boarding... will see
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YOWkid
Yes. But they should see it in the system anyway when they scan the BP in the system so there's no need to proactively produce it.
I wonder if this explains how people have gotten into a lounge via a BP for a different segment not listing the actual airport they were present at.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94

I wonder if this explains how people have gotten into a lounge via a BP for a different segment not listing the actual airport they were present at.
I tested this the other day with a few BPs.

As Super Elite, any boarding pass for yesterday or today with one end of the flight in the current airport will grant access. I did not test BPs for the next day, but I suspect that will also work, to deal with flights departing slightly after midnight.

The arrival benefit may not grant access for non-elites, so you might need the departure airport to match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.