Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

15% off eligible AC Flex, Latitude, PE and Business for Amex Platinum cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15% off eligible AC Flex, Latitude, PE and Business for Amex Platinum cardholders

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Thanks. That must have been it. Looks like my profile was to receive promotional stuff via snail mail, but not email. Just updated my profile to get email offers as well. Hopefully something is coming in the mail/email. Otherwise I wonder if contacting Amex will get me my own code. Could be very useful for the trip I'm planning that I discussed in another thread.
Definitely give a call to the Amex Plat concierge line. They will likely be able to help you out. In the past, I found myself in a similar situation and was impressed by the level of service offered.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:08 pm

Even though the email from AMEX says "Use personal promotion code ZNYHVHT1 along with your American Express® Card at time of booking", but it appears that anyone can use the code?

This appears to be a good 15% promo code to use for USA/Canada flights, compared to the "GO AC" codes, which are only good for up to 10% off (15% only for International).

Also, it appears it is not limited to 6 pax which the "GO AC" codes are capped at. This AMEX code allows me to book up to 9 pax. Good for that group getaway we're planning. But, too bad about the blackout dates though (July 1 to Sep 5).
Old May 29, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by WKnight
Even though the email from AMEX says "Use personal promotion code ZNYHVHT1 along with your American Express® Card at time of booking", but it appears that anyone can use the code?
If that was your actual code, I hope you weren't planning to use it yourself... yes, anyone can use the code and likely someone already has in the 20 minutes since you posted it publicly.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
What are the GO AC codes?
Old May 29, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I got the code. I have an AMEX Aeroplan Platinum card.

I haven't purchased an AC flight since October, so maybe it's an incentive to come back?

I do have to reach E50K for 2019, so maybe I'll do a TPAC in J.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ffsim
If that was your actual code, I hope you weren't planning to use it yourself... yes, anyone can use the code and likely someone already has in the 20 minutes since you posted it publicly.
Thanks, but no worries. If someone made use of that code, good for them.

I can't use it for myself anyways. Besides, we have more AMEX codes available through other family members' cards.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by somedude3210
What are the GO AC codes?
"GO AC" are "Air Canada - Employee Travel Codes". They are good for 10% off Canada & US, 15% off International bookings at aircanada.com.

https://travel.aircanada.com/shared/...pop_con_e.html
Old May 30, 2018, 9:37 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Edit: gone

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; May 30, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: air miles
I have amex plat and did not receive. Perhaps its amex plat aeroplan cards? I have amex plat air miles...
Old May 30, 2018, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
I have amex plat and did not receive. Perhaps its amex plat aeroplan cards? I have amex plat air miles...
I'm not surprised that the Air Miles Platinum card wouldn't have received the offer. I believe everyone above has been referring either to regular Platinum or Aeroplan Platinum.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Got the code (AMEX Gold) - not sure if I'm going to to use it yet. Please PM if you'd like it.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'm not surprised that the Air Miles Platinum card wouldn't have received the offer. I believe everyone above has been referring either to regular Platinum or Aeroplan Platinum.
Only our Personal Gold cards received the email with the codes. Our Plat card did not get the offer.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WKnight
Only our Personal Gold cards received the email with the codes. Our Plat card did not get the offer.
My aeroplan plat did.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:59 pm
Original Member

By eligible I presume they mean fares that are 70% higher than normal.
Old May 30, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenHamer
By eligible I presume they mean fares that are 70% higher than normal.
Indeed, seem like...

Also, at least in one case I tried, lowest fare disappeared when entering the code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.