Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SD's treatment of SE in economy

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I didn't read anything about it being SOP in PY. In J it is only for VIP and SE. The order is supposed to be VIPM, VIP, SEM, SE. Some SDs go farther.
Adam, I just checked with a SD. Priority meal service in PY is supposed to be the same as J.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Adam, I just checked with a SD. Priority meal service in PY is supposed to be the same as J.
Interesting. Definitely the exception rather than the rule in my experience.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AC1MME75KBAGLDSPGGLD
Big differences in how SDs approach you between DOM and INTL
Old May 30, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
In my experience PY is treated like Y. No special treatment for SEMM. No priority meal order. Nothing.

Lately I have been buying J on competitors for the price of PY on AC. I get better treatment.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
In my experience PY is treated like Y. No special treatment for SEMM. No priority meal order. Nothing.

Lately I have been buying J on competitors for the price of PY on AC. I get better treatment.
Clearly, procedures have not been followed then.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Clearly, procedures have not been followed then.
I agree. I have never flown PE even though I have booked it for myself (always get upgraded to front cabin).

Curiously my son in law mentioned to me that, coming back from Seoul to Vancouver in PE yesterday on a booking that I made on my account for him, daughter and granddaughter, they were treating him like he was me (ie. special attention as a SEMM). I haven't gotten into the detail yet as to what that meant as they were bagged after a long multi-leg journey back from Sri Lanka.

Similar special treatment (but at the gate) also happened another time when they were coming back from Santiago where they were upgraded from a reward PE seat to business class seats ahead of many others due to MY status. In that case, the gate agent originally told them they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the upgrades (my words) but ultimately they were the first to get processed. Membership can have its privileges (although I am sure all this changes come 2020).

If they are willing to go the extra mile on reward bookings for non-status son-in-law (I know they thought he was me for some reason), there must be some recognition in protocols.

Anyone know how a reward booking made in a SEMM (or SE2MM as I am now) account for non-status members looks on the manifest?
Old May 31, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
I agree. I have never flown PE even though I have booked it for myself (always get upgraded to front cabin).

Curiously my son in law mentioned to me that, coming back from Seoul to Vancouver in PE yesterday on a booking that I made on my account for him, daughter and granddaughter, they were treating him like he was me (ie. special attention as a SEMM). I haven't gotten into the detail yet as to what that meant as they were bagged after a long multi-leg journey back from Sri Lanka.

Similar special treatment (but at the gate) also happened another time when they were coming back from Santiago where they were upgraded from a reward PE seat to business class seats ahead of many others due to MY status. In that case, the gate agent originally told them they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the upgrades (my words) but ultimately they were the first to get processed. Membership can have its privileges (although I am sure all this changes come 2020).

If they are willing to go the extra mile on reward bookings for non-status son-in-law (I know they thought he was me for some reason), there must be some recognition in protocols.

Anyone know how a reward booking made in a SEMM (or SE2MM as I am now) account for non-status members looks on the manifest?
I have seen the SM on my wife's AE bookings a few times.

Funny thing, it does not give her zone 1 boarding or lounge access but the status does show on the ticket itself.

Probably AE IT being AE IT
Old May 31, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=BlondeBomber;29812644]

...or SE2MM as I am now...

Congratulations on that achievement.^
Old May 31, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
...on a booking that I made on my account for him, daughter and granddaughter, they were treating him like he was me (ie. special attention as a SEMM)...

...If they are willing to go the extra mile on reward bookings for non-status son-in-law (I know they thought he was me for some reason)...
Does anyone know if this is intentional or some quirk of AC IT?
Old May 31, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
"Yes"

Old May 31, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Arguably its a leak of PII and a security violation. There is no reason that anyone within Air Canada should know whose points were used to pay for an AE processed ticket. That kind of OpSec fail is why there are G5's fueled and full of cash and "fixers" waiting to take care of Mistresses.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
"Yes"

Yes to which part of my question? It was a choice.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Arguably its a leak of PII and a security violation. There is no reason that anyone within Air Canada should know whose points were used to pay for an AE processed ticket. That kind of OpSec fail is why there are G5's fueled and full of cash and "fixers" waiting to take care of Mistresses.
As long as only status goes through, it's not really a security issue. If more data also show then it's another story.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stranger
Yes.
What @Stranger said.
capedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.