Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Do you think it is worth 27500 AP to fly SQ J MEL-WLG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Do you think it is worth 27500 AP to fly SQ J MEL-WLG?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tracon
It's $554 for a o/w ticket.
Only $.02/point.
But how much does the OP care about value against a cash ticket vs using some points as a way to experience something (s)he might not otherwise be willing to pay for?

Originally Posted by RZR
I'm also confident that my good client will send me a purchase order that we discussed , but until it happens it's speculation...
And I suppose that it's speculation that the sun will rise tomorrow?
Old May 24, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aeroman380
Not sure about scam charges. I would either want to take MEL-WLG or the reverse route. Maybe the reverse if it longer.

However, it looks like a one way from WLG-MEL is only 170 NZD on SQ in Y! HA...but the question remains...is it worth it to spend the AP?
West to east (NZ --> Aust) usually takes longer than east to west (Aust--> NZ) due to prevailing winds. Depends on the wind, but can be 15~30 minutes difference.

NZ$170 one way economy is a low price. Both NZ & JQ have lowish prices now (~winter). About NZ$250 one way is the more common price.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:27 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Not really , but , ZERO evidence or facts say what the value of Aeropesos will be worth in 2020.
Just wanted the OP to be aware of that is all and that people should really only post facts.

Just trying to ensure the op can make the decision based on all data.
Cheers
Old May 24, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Looks like $111 TAXES + 27500 AP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.