FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   How to deal with AE search engine to find F award? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1910843-how-deal-ae-search-engine-find-f-award.html)

Bartolo May 23, 2018 10:37 am

How to deal with AE search engine to find F award?

Luftansa F award.

I actually see AE availability but only in business. Checked on Luftansa website and don’t see them offering F to/from Canada. None of the possible AE awards I pulled up in various searches offered a route thru the US where F is apparently offered.

Any suggestions re how to deal with AE search engine to find F award would be appreciated.

ChrisA330 May 23, 2018 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo (Post 29786070)
Luftansa F award.

I actually see AE availability but only in business. Checked on Luftansa website and don’t see them offering F to/from Canada. None of the possible AE awards I pulled up in various searches offered a route thru the US where F is apparently offered.

Any suggestions re how to deal with AE search engine to find F award would be appreciated.

But, to answer the question, LH F is typically only available at T-14 days.

Low Roller May 23, 2018 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo (Post 29786051)
Question: is it possible to combine market fare and classic award? If so, is there a disadvantage over two one ways? Searched around but didn’t see this addressed. Apologies if missed it.

No, I'm pretty sure you would have to book it as two one-ways (one using mkt fare and one using classic award). They also have restrictions on changes, so you can't change a mkt fare to a classic award or vice verse.

jasdou May 23, 2018 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo (Post 29786070)
Luftansa F award.

Not all LH aircrafts flying TATL have an F cabin. LH470/471, for example, is operated by a 744 which only features J, PY and Y cabins. Hence no F availability.

DaveTO May 23, 2018 8:41 pm

They have killed all of the F cabins for flights out of Toronto. All A330s to Munich had their F cabins removed.

You are left with a double connect, that is only available a T-14 days, with a connection in Chicago/Newark/JFK/Washington/Boston. For example, if you wanted a YYZ-CDG flight, you would need to fly YYZ-ORD-FRA-CDG.

Bartolo May 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 29786102)
But, to answer the question, LH F is typically only available at T-14 days.

Yes, I knew that from reading FT and played with various dates in the next 14 days. No F, just J. I was trying to find a quick way to isolate F possibilities but perhaps there isn’t a way. Thanks.

ffsim May 23, 2018 9:31 pm

@DaveTO is correct — you need to look at flying through a US city at T-14... I went through this process in April. Search segment-by-segment, you’ll see LH F availability on AE. You can even leverage ExpertFlyer alerts if you’re a subscriber.