Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What is it about ex-CP/WardAir employees at Air Canada that make them so fantastic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is it about ex-CP/WardAir employees at Air Canada that make them so fantastic?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fiordland
I was not flying as much back then but my impression was AC had the nicer aircraft (not a fan of the 737 or the weird regional aircraft Canadian was flying at the tail end...
Not really.

Both had 320s. AC had aging DC-9s, CP, some 737s. As to regionals, CP had F-28s while AC had BAE146s. Latter was particularly weird but former were held together by duct tape.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:46 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by FlyerAl
I feel as though if ex-WD f/a's are still hobbling along at AC, then maybe it's time for them to retire! There can't be many left.
Your feeling has no impact on the facts. If an 18 year old joined Wardair in 1989 they would now be about 47 years old.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stopped regularly flying 10 years ago. YWG was my home base. At that time, my three top rated agents were all ex CP. Customer focused, they all went the extra proverbial mile to problem solve when journeys went sideways. They cared about pax !
Old May 24, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airbus320
I stopped regularly flying 10 years ago. YWG was my home base. At that time, my three top rated agents were all ex CP. Customer focused, they all went the extra proverbial mile to problem solve when journeys went sideways. They cared about pax !
There was a respect that went both ways. People seemed more patient and accommodating. Flying Wardair in the 90s was still fun, especially the upper deck on a 747.

Todays sardine can environment is no fun for staff OR passenger. Wardair never had to deal with that
tcook052 and longtimeflyin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.