Air Canada altitude digital cards

Old May 19, 2018, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada altitude digital cards

Hello all,

As a prestige 25 K status holder, I know we don't get bag tags. Via the air Canada app, I can see my digital altitude card.

Has every altitude level now gone to digital cards via the app? Or do those of you with a higher altitude status have actual physical cards?

If every status now has digital cards only, I'd love to see what the other digital cards look like if anyone can post (after removing their personal info of course)

Thanks,
Old May 19, 2018, 3:45 pm

E35K and up are plastic.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hydrogen
E35K and up are plastic.
Well, yes, we get a physical card, but a digital version is also available in the app...
Attached Images  
Old May 19, 2018, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Well, yes, we get a physical card, but a digital version is also available in the app...
I like how you redacted your name
Stranger, jc94 and longtimeflyin like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I like how you redacted your name
How do you know that Adam Smith is my real name? Or, more likely, that my real first name isn't something weird like Jebediah or D'Brickashaw that I'd rather keep secret?
ffsim, canadiancow, jc94 and 1 others like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Superman1x
Hello all,

As a prestige 25 K status holder, I know we don't get bag tags. Via the air Canada app, I can see my digital altitude card.

Has every altitude level now gone to digital cards via the app? Or do those of you with a higher altitude status have actual physical cards?

If every status now has digital cards only, I'd love to see what the other digital cards look like if anyone can post (after removing their personal info of course)
Side note, this was the first year that P25K did not get physical cards.

I haven't actually needed my own physical SE card all year, both for MLL or *Alliance lounge visits. BP is sufficient.

Even had a reward flight that I booked on Mrs. YVR's points, was able to add Aeroplan # during OLCI (via mobile app) and status showed up.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by yvr76
Side note, this was the first year that P25K did not get physical cards.

I haven't actually needed my own physical SE card all year, both for MLL or *Alliance lounge visits. BP is sufficient.

Even had a reward flight that I booked on Mrs. YVR's points, was able to add Aeroplan # during OLCI (via mobile app) and status showed up.
I don't think I've needed my physical SE card at an MLL for years. However, just the other day, despite presenting my BP with *G on it, I was asked for my card at an LH lounge. It's possible that, if I had argued with her, I might have succeeded, but I find in those situations, it's easier just to give them the card and move on.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I don't think I've needed my physical SE card at an MLL for years. However, just the other day, despite presenting my BP with *G on it, I was asked for my card at an LH lounge. It's possible that, if I had argued with her, I might have succeeded, but I find in those situations, it's easier just to give them the card and move on.
I find that LH lounges are notorious for asking for the card.
ffsim and Diabeetus like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
I find that LH lounges are notorious for asking for the card.
LX and OS too, in my experience.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: AC SE
LX and OS too, in my experience.
Yep, I needed to show my card to be granted access to the SEN lounge in ZRH instead of the Business lounge. Though that may be due to the fact that I showed up with AI-issued BPs....

Last edited by jasdou; May 20, 2018 at 10:50 am
Old May 20, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you know that Adam Smith is my real name?
Because you said so.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jasdou

Yep, I needed to show my card to be granted access to the SEN lounge in ZRH instead of the Business lounge. Though that may be due that I showed up with AI-issued BPs....
Had the same thing on Thursday evening last week. My BP was issued by OU (Croatian). Lounge attendant asked me which level I had with AC and when I said 100k she pointed to the SEN lounge, and said she didn;t need to see the card.
--
13F
Old May 20, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
+1,000,000

(how dare you)
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AC75K, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold Elite

Is this still the case? I just checked the app this morning, and cannot find the digital card anymore. I know it was there before, because my E50K card is still in my Apple Wallet, but was looking to update it as I hit 75K over the weekend.

-A.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by aaamr
Is this still the case? I just checked the app this morning, and cannot find the digital card anymore. I know it was there before, because my E50K card is still in my Apple Wallet, but was looking to update it as I hit 75K over the weekend.
It has been "temporarily removed". Further discussion in this thread: The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.