Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Aeroplan Flight to Australia

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

J Aeroplan Flight to Australia

I've been checking for months and can't find a J flight from MEL OR SYD-YVR-YUL In late January 2019 or Beginning of February? Is that standard or are they opening later?
Old May 19, 2018, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Flights to Australia on AC are probably the most difficult to find in all of AC's network.

Have you checked BNE? Or tried to find options through Asia?
bruther likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Yeah nothing shows up either BNE, or through Asia so far, cant remember how I did it 4 years ago when I got them lol, must of been lucky
Old May 19, 2018, 9:38 pm

I can see J awards BNE x PEK -YVR on CA AC on the UA site for several days in Jan & Feb 2019.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:14 pm

Mar 18 has YVR-BNE in J.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
I can see J awards BNE x PEK -YVR on CA AC on the UA site for several days in Jan & Feb 2019.
What do you mean on the UA website? I was talking about Points on Aeroplan, sorry if I wasn't clear or if I dont understand you're answer
Old May 20, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Joroy70
What do you mean on the UA website? I was talking about Points on Aeroplan, sorry if I wasn't clear or if I dont understand you're answer
United lets you see availability across two months (say "dates are flexible") and shows you which has Y vs J or F.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:02 pm

I was able to go to Sydney a couple months ago in J aeroplan for 2 people. However I booked a month before the trip and could find more availabilities 2 weeks before departure.

YYZ-TPE-ICN-SYD ---- SYD-BKK-HAN-IST-YYZ
Old May 22, 2018, 4:35 pm

I booked 2 J seats a week ago Toronto-Brisbane for March 31 next year. Booked one way only with a view to booking the return as one-way from Sydney to avoid the ungodly high surcharges/fees on a return ticket. Found all J from Sydney via Beijing and booked that but then after a couple of days gave it up. Didn't like the 12 hour layover after arriving in PEK at 5:30am. We decided to do a cruise back from Auckland to LA via Tahiti and Hawaii. Much more relaxing!
Old May 22, 2018, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lancelot
I booked 2 J seats a week ago Toronto-Brisbane for March 31 next year. Booked one way only with a view to booking the return as one-way from Sydney to avoid the ungodly high surcharges/fees on a return ticket. Found all J from Sydney via Beijing and booked that but then after a couple of days gave it up. Didn't like the 12 hour layover after arriving in PEK at 5:30am. We decided to do a cruise back from Auckland to LA via Tahiti and Hawaii. Much more relaxing!
Would love to hear details of this. I tried sending you a message - but you're not accepting calls
Old May 23, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: AC SE100k
cruise back from Auckland to LA via Tahiti and Hawaii
Interesting.... will keep that in mind for future =p
Old May 23, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by ctarolf
Interesting.... will keep that in mind for future =p
Almost thought about doing the same but the number of sea days can get boring.. Are you taking Celebrity Solstice back to Vancouver?
Old May 23, 2018, 8:02 am

What details do you want? I very recently read on this site about the Australian gov't not allowing airlines to charge outrageous fees on reward ticket flights originating in that country. The cruise we are doing is on Golden Princess and is directly a result of a large cruise credit we each got from that cruise company as a result of one we did last winter in South America with a few hiccups. Always wanted to see some of the South Pacific islands plus go to Australia again without flying both ways so...Bob's yer' uncle!
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I find Australia to be one of the easiest Aeroplan destinations given the generous MPM.
I've booked people on TK/SQ combos, and even one fella on AI.

Its even easier coming back from Australia, since even a TG/LH/AC itinerary via Europe will have no scamfees.
SYD-BKK-FRA-YYZ is easily within the MPM.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:41 pm

Routing may be your biggest issue. That and thinking that you need to be on Air Canada.
I've nabbed 4 J (well, I) class tickets through Aeroplan to Australia over Christmas / New Years by being flexible and, well, nuts.
Outbound is one way YOW - YVR - TPE - PEK - MEL, with the last 2 legs on Air China. No layover more than 2.5 hours.
Inbound is one way ADE - SIN - IST - VIE - YYZ - YOW, on Singapore, Singapore, Turkish, Austrian, AC and AC, with a 10 hour layover in SIN and a 21 hour layover in VIE.
Every element is in business class.
I also booked each of these 11 months ahead of time. Although if you're flexible and don't mind a couple of legs in economy, you can still book for January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.