Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Does Comfort class get higher upgrade priority over Flex?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Comfort class get higher upgrade priority over Flex?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If they have the same status, yes.

Otherwise, status comes first.
Applies to standby as well as I discovered last week. (Seemed new to the Concierge as well as she was surprised I was so low on the list). Lesson learned - for same day standby, better to be on high Standard than low Comfort.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by martyYOW
Applies to standby as well as I discovered last week. (Seemed new to the Concierge as well as she was surprised I was so low on the list). Lesson learned - for same day standby, better to be on high Standard than low Comfort.
For anyone vying for a seat on a particular flight (J/O/Y), what would your expectation be? Randomness?

I think many believe that getting your name on any list gets you FCFS priority, even with standby and upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.