Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Possible actions when Air Canada denies clothing damage without convincing arguments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible actions when Air Canada denies clothing damage without convincing arguments

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by winch
I wasn't thinking about going to courts until it got mentioned. I was curious to know if someone had previously been in a similar predicament and would be able to let me know how a complaint can be "escalated" at this point in the process.

I admit it would be a lot of time spent on just $40. But hey, at least I made them work for more than this amount already. It would be a good start for AC to save money in the future...

...or fix the darn tables...
have you considered writing to their executive office? all of their emails are firstname.lastname @ airline .commerical
sometimes this route has helped us........ from an executive standpoint......seriously for $40 is it worth pissing a legitimate premium customer off?
suggest writing a nice factual letter to them with your ticket/booking reference details

good luck
ght
Old May 7, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flyquiet
OP said in post #11 that the principle was now the prime motivation. Not for anyone else to judge.
This is FT--of course we are going to judge.

People who say it is the principle use that to justify endless efforts to get the money, in this case $40.00. Had there been no loss of $40, there would be not talk about principle.

I had a job many, many years ago that involved taking many cases to Small Claims Court, I can assure anyone thinking about it not to bother for such a picayune amount. It would be frankly an embarassment to show up in front of a court to argue about $40.00.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mapleg

People who say it is the principle use that to justify endless efforts to get the money, in this case $40.00. Had there been no loss of $40, there would be not talk about principle.

I had a job many, many years ago that involved taking many cases to Small Claims Court, I can assure anyone thinking about it not to bother for such a picayune amount. It would be frankly an embarassment to show up in front of a court to argue about $40.00.
The issue is that if AC does this to 1000 customers per day, is it still "such a picayune amount" ?

This is where companies need to be held accountable. If every customer just bends over because "it's only $40", then the company will continue to screw everyone.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The issue is that if AC does this to 1000 customers per day, is it still "such a picayune amount" ?

This is where companies need to be held accountable. If every customer just bends over because "it's only $40", then the company will continue to screw everyone.
Precisely. This reminds me of the bread fixing scandal with Loblaw. Sure it was just a few $ here and there, but multiply that by millions of customers and we are now talking about quite a consequential amount.

Also, I shouldn't need to repeat this but I feel like the point was lost in this thread. The original "damages" that was initially "so called" claimed by the plaintiff was the $40 drycleaning bill. Ultimately time and energy was spent pursuing this case, and if it were me and I took it to small claims court, I would be claiming significantly more than $40.
Twickenham likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Contact AC executives
This.

If AC executives still do not care, maybe it is time to bring your business somewhere else
Old May 7, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Not for nothing, and directly relating to the OP, but I noticed that the 737MAX trays up front, when half-open, are very easy to flip over.

Would AC have ordered such bad trays if they had to pay out a bunch of $40's? (after thousands on in-house council, even?)
Old May 7, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow

And do they? I have not seen a raft of complaints on FT about this topic.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
And do they? I have not seen a raft of complaints on FT about this topic.
I didn't see any complaints on FT about deflating seats until a master thread was made for it, and then the complaints started rolling in.

And if by "this topic", you mean "AC owes me money and refuses to pay", then yes, I've seen dozens/hundreds of complaints.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Not for nothing, and directly relating to the OP, but I noticed that the 737MAX trays up front, when half-open, are very easy to flip over.

Would AC have ordered such bad trays if they had to pay out a bunch of $40's? (after thousands on in-house council, even?)
My guess is, the did not even notice that they are easy to flip over. Ditto for deflating seats. Or worse of all the finger-catching "classic" pods trays, totally brain-dead.

They seats probably looked good on the pictures; maybe they sat and liked it. But details such as tray tables? I bet that sort of issue did not even cross their mind.
pappypappy likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Yes, about 4 years ago I was travelling International on a full "J" ticket, the SD took my sports coat to hang up, while closing the closet apparently my sleeve was caught in the tracks and they just forced it closed ripping my sleeve from elbow to wrist. It was a tailored Hugo Boss jacket that cost me $850. The SD was very apologetic and assured me that AC would replace the jacket. She made a note on a form with the details and submitted it to AC. I called AC when i was able, probably 2 days later. They informed me that they were limited to $250 maximum. I sent them receipts and photos of the jacket. I was an SE MM at the time and I was astounded that they were fighting me on this, I fought them for about a month and finally gave up and took there $250. I am now E50K MM and travel about 2500 miles a year on AC, the rest of my flying is now on Emirates and Delta. I travel about 7 times a year to Dubai from YYJ and have never been happier.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by flybit
i was SHOCKED i filled out the online claim form 2 weeks ago and AC replied in 72 hours with $500 for deflating seat. So perhaps AC has started to improve its customer complaints department after Gabor has created a web site showing people how to get AC to pay for "issues"
Regardless its a very positive step that AC is no longer saying please wait for 90 days.
I'm still waiting on a response from a form I filled out on April 5th... AC Twitter said to be patient, they're responding in order.

Seems like that's not the case here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.