Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Aeroplan First Class Routing from Toronto to MLE

Question: Aeroplan First Class Routing from Toronto to MLE

Old May 18, 2018, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I fail to understand how this Aeroplan's issue? They don't control inventory on other airlines, and these flights aren't available at all, it's not limited to Aeroplan.
You could book NRT-BKK on NH on J, and keep watching for F space on TG.
I can see availability still via ANA and Avianca... Same with all Asiana flights. So either it's aeroplan's issue with inventory or it's the beginning of a slow decline of anything worth while to book via aeroplan.. Either way, it's aeroplan.

They only seem to have 1 seat NRT-BKK in NH J, otherwise I would.

Edit: Yes, I am contemplating YYZ-IAD-NRT-BKK on Friday/Saturday as you can book IAD-NRT in F and NRT-BKK in F... Just annoyed at what appears to be dwindling inventory!
Old May 18, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by mjrobson
I can see availability still via ANA and Avianca... Same with all Asiana flights. So either it's aeroplan's issue with inventory or it's the beginning of a slow decline of anything worth while to book via aeroplan.. Either way, it's aeroplan.

Edit: Yes, I am contemplating YYZ-IAD-NRT-BKK on Friday/Saturday as you can book IAD-NRT in F and NRT-BKK in F... Just annoyed at what appears to be dwindling inventory!
Expertflyer nor UA are also not displaying any TG F inventory or OZ J/F inventory. Don't assume that other sites aren't displaying phantom inventory.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:31 pm

Have you actually found IAD-NRT on Friday/Saturday?

Since last year, I haven't had much luck find NH J/F on Friday and Saturdays...
Old May 19, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Have you actually found IAD-NRT on Friday/Saturday?

Since last year, I haven't had much luck find NH J/F on Friday and Saturdays...
I have found some decent IAD-NRT on Friday / Saturday... Apr 6, 12th for example.

Apr 5 had ORD-NRT.. Apr 13 has IAH-NRT
Old May 19, 2018, 10:03 pm

I have found some decent IAD-NRT on Friday / Saturday... Apr 6, 12th for example.

Apr 5 had ORD-NRT.. Apr 13 has IAH-NRT
Good find, I was mainly looking at SFO/LAX. Perhaps those routes ANA are more stingy.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Good find, I was mainly looking at SFO/LAX. Perhaps those routes ANA are more stingy.
I have seen some -> NRT, but I have actually seen a lot more on the return NRT->SFO/LAX.. Example Apr 9th .. 16th etc..

Matt
Old May 22, 2018, 6:06 pm

Aeroplan is at it again...!

I was going to book the outbound leg for Apr 9th.. No issues with YYZ-ORD (J) ORD-NRT (F), but all of the TG flights are gone!!!! The only day of the week, starting April 1st, that has TG F NRT to BKK is Saturday. The only day of the week with TG J is Wednesday @ 9:40am..

Seriously... Sometimes I wonder why I bother...
Did you book anything?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Expertflyer nor UA are also not displaying any TG F inventory or OZ J/F inventory. Don't assume that other sites aren't displaying phantom inventory.
Expert Flyer is now showing full OZ and better TG availability (April) in 2019 again since ~1am today. I had a bunch of alerts setup. This has not translated over to AP or UA awards yet, but I am hoping they will update!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AhmedF
Did you book anything?
Right now, I have booked;

YYZ-IAH AC 2 J
IAH-NRT NH 2 F
NRT-BKK TG 2 F

BKK-NRT NH 1 J / 1 X
NRT-LAX NH 2 F
LAX-YYZ 2 X

Re-booking Return:
BKK-NRT TG 2 F
NRT-ORD NH 2 F
ORD-YYZ AC 2 J

But also considering
BKK-ICN TG J or OZ J
ICN-LAX OZ F
LAX-YYZ

I am hoping either Thai space or OZ space comes back to change the return, or that I can pickup something nice on LH @ T-14.

Last edited by mjrobson; Jun 12, 2018 at 6:33 am Reason: Rebooked after TG and OZ space came back

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.