Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

K class special Net fare not eligible for mileage credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

K class special Net fare not eligible for mileage credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Whenever you are offered a non-public fare you should inquire what special restrictions come with it.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Same thing happened to me when trying to credit an Air Canada ticket obtained from an AirMiles redemption. I called AC to inquire about the fare basis and fare codes which are L21H2BTG and L for YUL-YHZ roundtrip.

What's frustrating is that a fare code X no longer necessarily credit like every other fare code X in the earning chart. There are some more subtle "technicalities" which are not being brought forth to consumers (branded fares ?)

I'll try to credit my ticket to some (hopefully less informed naive and less connected to AC) Star Alliance ff program.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Same thing happened to me when trying to credit an Air Canada ticket obtained from an AirMiles redemption. I called AC to inquire about the fare basis and fare codes which are L21H2BTG and L for YUL-YHZ roundtrip.

What's frustrating is that a fare code X no longer necessarily credit like every other fare code X in the earning chart. There are some more subtle "technicalities" which are not being brought forth to consumers (branded fares ?)

I'll try to credit my ticket to some (hopefully less informed naive and less connected to AC) Star Alliance ff program.
@MasterGeek

Looks like you have a similar issue as mentioned in (?):

AirCanada misrepresenting fare class to *A partner programs?

Albeit its more about published fares and mappings, but perhaps your issue could be related...
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K
AFAIK, AirMiles tickets have never earned miles.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:59 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
I don't know which OTA OP booked with, but here's the FAQ section from Student universe which clearly states no mileage for AC.

https://www.studentuniverse.com/frequently-asked-questions/flights
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by m.y
I don't know which OTA OP booked with, but here's the FAQ section from Student universe which clearly states no mileage for AC.

https://www.studentuniverse.com/freq...stions/flights
For those who don't see a hyperlink:
https://www.studentuniverse.com/freq...stions/flights
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
The OP was also from April. This thread was reinstated by a more recent post of a potentially similar problem but which might also be due to branded fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.