Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Rolling 12 Months Activity & Status

Question: Rolling 12 Months Activity & Status

Old Apr 29, 18, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Rolling 12 Months Activity & Status

Since the membership year resets each calendar year, even though I have exceeded the 25000 miles requirement to silver from flying in the past 10 months, the Jan 1 reset would prevent me from getting elite for either year. Anyone with experience of being moved up a tier based on recent heavy flying activity as a goodwill measure?
Old Apr 29, 18, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Since the membership year resets each calendar year, even though I have exceeded the 25000 miles requirement to silver from flying in the past 10 months, the Jan 1 reset would prevent me from getting elite for either year. Anyone with experience of being moved up a tier based on recent heavy flying activity as a goodwill measure?
They happily do that, and call it early qualification, as you pass through the various qualification requirements with you current heavy flying experience..
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 29, 18, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life View Post
They happily do that, and call it early qualification, as you pass through the various qualification requirements with you current heavy flying experience..
Reference point:
Although I have seen mixed posts on FT within a calendar year granting status for AQD, my experience is they don't care if you hit AQD on a rolling 12mo. (From next to zero AC spend about a year ago).

This is particularly interesting, as many FF programs have prioritized $, or use it exclusively.

Also of note, early qualification is within a calendar year. I encourage you to try, although since a large part (all?) of Altitude is administered by Aimia, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They have little to nothing to gain increasing AC loyalty at this point.

Last edited by eracerblue; May 2, 18 at 12:40 am
Old Apr 29, 18, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Doesn't hurt to try I guess. Thanks for the context. Who should I contact for this? I've tried FB msging Aeroplan but seems they don't have the decision power for this.
Old Apr 29, 18, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Doesn't hurt to try I guess. Thanks for the context. Who should I contact for this? I've tried FB msging Aeroplan but seems they don't have the decision power for this.
This is for AC Altitude, not Aeroplan.

I think it's unlikely you'll get anything out of this. Status is very clearly based on calendar years. You may be more likely to have success if you show AC there's something in it for them, such as additional travel you'll book if you get the status.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 29, 18, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post

I think it's unlikely you'll get anything out of this. Status is very clearly based on calendar years. You may be more likely to have success if you show AC there's something in it for them, such as additional travel you'll book if you get the status.
This. There are very clearly published rules about how it works. They are more than happy to break the rules if you can show them how they benefit.
Old May 2, 18, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
This. There are very clearly published rules about how it works. They are more than happy to break the rules if you can show them how they benefit.
Calendar years, otherwise they fooled me.

I wrote AC Altitude and received a response from Aimia. Not sure if that's luck of the draw ...

They didn't seem to care that I had spent tens of thousands in a little over half a year, and was looking to buy flight passes.

I haven't set foot on AC in over two months. It doesn't particularly matter to me, and apparently, to them either.

Last edited by eracerblue; May 2, 18 at 9:43 am

Search this Thread