Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to fly to Bora Bora from Toronto?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to fly to Bora Bora from Toronto?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by flybit
. Aeroplan also blocks United awards so look from a united account also and call Aeroplan as needed.
Only transborder, no evidence of blocking on longhauls.
All the UA space I've seen on this route is XN, so thats useless to Aeroplan redeemers looking for X
Old May 1, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Only transborder, no evidence of blocking on longhauls.
All the UA space I've seen on this route is XN, so thats useless to Aeroplan redeemers looking for X
XN is UA blocking award space from partners (and non-status & non-credit-card holding UA members for that matter), and not Aeroplan blocking United space.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
XN is UA blocking award space from partners (and non-status & non-credit-card holding UA members for that matter), and not Aeroplan blocking United space.
AE/AC have been proven blocking UA transborder space in X, directing traffic onto AC metal (and all the scamcharges, and fake taxes that come with that)
These flights are bookable via UA, Lifemiles, ANA, etc, but not Aeroplan.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:39 pm

Use Aeroplan between YYZ and SFO. From SFO take BF (French Bee) to PPT and back for less than 1k per person.
https://goo.gl/flights/evcyP
tessy143 likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
AE/AC have been proven blocking UA transborder space in X, directing traffic onto AC metal (and all the scamcharges, and fake taxes that come with that)
These flights are bookable via UA, Lifemiles, ANA, etc, but not Aeroplan.
That's a different story if true - I agree - very shady!
Old May 1, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
You need to get to Tahiti PPT and from there take a seaplane to Bora Bora on a local airline.

Your options from Toronto to PPT include:

YYZ to Amsterdam AMS and then Amsterdam non stop to PPT on British Airways

YYZ to Los Angeles LAX then LAX to PPT nonstop on Air Tahiti
Old May 2, 2018, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by tessy143
You need to get to Tahiti PPT and from there take a seaplane to Bora Bora on a local airline.

Now that is very interesting - routing through Europe! Thanks we will look into it.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by tessy143

really? From AMS non stop on British Airways? There is nothing about that that even makes sense. And that flight definitely does not exist. British Airways also doesn’t fly to PPT.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
There' s many references to the SFO-PPT UA flights - note that these do not start flying until October 30th 2018. Looking at all options prior to these dates from YVR and the best appears to be AC YVR-HNL and HA HNL-PPT twice a week. An extremely difficult destination to use AE points to prior to October. If anyone has any recommendations as to alternative routings - ie from EU with a connections in YVR this would be most appreciated.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-2018-a-3.html
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
There' s many references to the SFO-PPT UA flights - note that these do not start flying until October 30th 2018. Looking at all options prior to these dates from YVR and the best appears to be AC YVR-HNL and HA HNL-PPT twice a week. An extremely difficult destination to use AE points to prior to October. If anyone has any recommendations as to alternative routings - ie from EU with a connections in YVR this would be most appreciated.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-2018-a-3.html
Are you hoping to fly Y or J?

Especially in Y, finding award availability on NZ LAX-RAR isn't impossible. J availability tends to be extremely limited IME, though it would be by far the most comfortable way to get there (RAR-PPT is a < 2h flight). You could also consider flying to RAR on NZ via SYD or AKL.

Except for the weekly HA HNL-PPT flight, award availability from NA to PPT on TN and AF is literally non-existent.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Are you hoping to fly Y or J?

Especially in Y, finding award availability on NZ LAX-RAR isn't impossible. J availability tends to be extremely limited IME, though it would be by far the most comfortable way to get there (RAR-PPT is a < 2h flight). You could also consider flying to RAR on NZ via SYD or AKL.

Except for the weekly HA HNL-PPT flight, award availability from NA to PPT on TN and AF is literally non-existent.
The cost of that RARPPT flight is almost as much as SFOPPT or HNLPPT. The latter has very good availability via AA miles.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Fly YYZ-YVR and then hop on the regular French A340 that flies nonstop YVR-PPT a few times per month. It won't cost you any miles, but you may have to sign up for the French armed services...

Chances of a lie-flat seat, I'm afraid, are nil.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I searched for 3 seats in Y for YYZ-PPT - I really dont see a problem, as long as you are a bit flexible.
The 35k seats should be available to Aeroplan redeemers

Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
I searched for 3 seats in Y for YYZ-PPT - I really dont see a problem, as long as you are a bit flexible.
The 35k seats should be available to Aeroplan redeemers

I believe these are mostly UA flights - unfortunately our schedule is to arrive around Oct 5/6 and depart Oct 19/20. Until UA starts flying on the 30th, not really seeing much in the was of reward tickets. Looking at J or Y depending on the routing (ie - won't be taking Y to AKL and back to PPT).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.