Wiki Posts
Search

Flight pass question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonours Gold, AC 35K, Westjet Gold
Flight pass question

Hi All - I can't seem to find the answer for this - if I buy a two person flight pass can I use the name change feature (for fee) to change the name to my child vs DH thus using it for a 3rd person or do I need to buy a 1 X one person and 1 X two people

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hireable
Hi All - I can't seem to find the answer for this - if I buy a two person flight pass can I use the name change feature (for fee) to change the name to my child vs DH thus using it for a 3rd person or do I need to buy a 1 X one person and 1 X two people

Thanks
On FPs where a passenger change can be done, the original person cannot fly on the FP after you have made the change. On FPs where a name change is allowed, it still has to be the same passenger, but with a different name.

Last edited by YEG_SE4Life; Apr 21, 2018 at 7:43 am
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
It's a name change, not a passenger change. From the Ts&Cs:

Eligible Travellers
  • This pass may include up to two (2) eligible travellers.
  • Eligible travellers include the Flight Pass purchaser and one (1) additional designated travellers who may be added anytime within the validity period of the Flight Pass.
  • All eligible travellers must have a valid Aeroplan number.
  • Names changes will be permitted for a fee of $100 CAD plus taxes, per name changed. Changes to the Flight Pass owner are not permitted. Name change fee is subject to change at any time without notice.
  • Only the Flight Pass purchaser and active eligible travellers may hold active bookings.
--
13F
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
It's a name change, not a passenger change. From the Ts&Cs:

Eligible Travellers
  • This pass may include up to two (2) eligible travellers.
  • Eligible travellers include the Flight Pass purchaser and one (1) additional designated travellers who may be added anytime within the validity period of the Flight Pass.
  • All eligible travellers must have a valid Aeroplan number.
  • Names changes will be permitted for a fee of $100 CAD plus taxes, per name changed. Changes to the Flight Pass owner are not permitted. Name change fee is subject to change at any time without notice.
  • Only the Flight Pass purchaser and active eligible travellers may hold active bookings.
--
13F
IMHO it is poorly written, but name and traveller mean same thing. One traveller, the owner, is immutable; the other can be changed (both name and associated physical entity) at will for change fee; however the active booking applies to that person. E.g,, A purchases pass. A cannot be changed. A books for B, B takes flight, THEN A change B to C. C NOW books flight ...
yvr76, canadiancow and Diabeetus like this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by visitor

IMHO it is poorly written, but name and traveller mean same thing. One traveller, the owner, is immutable; the other can be changed (both name and associated physical entity) at will for change fee; however the active booking applies to that person. E.g,, A purchases pass. A cannot be changed. A books for B, B takes flight, THEN A change B to C. C NOW books flight ...
You may be correct, because the language is certainly open to interpretation. Especially where it says, "Names changes will be permitted for a fee of $100 CAD plus taxes, per name changed."
--
13F
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
This is from the Southwest Pass. The wording is better, and what I was referring to:

Eligible Travelers
  • This pass may include up to two (2) eligible travelers.
  • Eligible travelers include the Flight Pass purchaser and one (1) who may be added anytime within the validity period of the Flight Pass.
  • All eligible travelers must have a valid Aeroplan number.
  • $ 125 CAD plus taxes, per name changed. Passenger changes are not permitted. Name change is subject to change at any time without notice.
  • Only the Pass Pass Buyer and Active Passengers may hold active bookings.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

So I think I have it - we all can't travel at the same time - traveler 2 will have to completed any flights before name is changed to traveler 3 - so we can all go on the same flight. Thanks
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I think I have it - we all can't travel at the same time - traveler 2 will have to completed any flights before name is changed to traveler 3 - so we can all go on the same flight. Thanks
You cannot have two wives at the same time. At least in this country. (Some places it's five.)
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I've used credits of 2-person FP for self and the Mr. and bought a Tango seat on same flight for offspring who does not care about AQM/AQD.

I like that I could drop the Mr. and put the offspring as the 2nd name, if I need to burn a credit and the Mr. isn't travelling, but it is inconvenient that the replacement 2nd person can't book the flight until the original 2nd person has completed the travel. It would be nice if you could buy FP credits in more than 2 person groups (but less than the company passes). I scaled up from 1-person 6-credit pass to 2-person 8-credit pass, and I'd be happy to buy 10 credits instead of 8 if I could have 3 names on the pass instead of 2.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC S100K
OP: To be perfectly clear, I have no experience with 2 person flight passes. The comments below may not apply.

With North American business flight passes (allowing 10 or more passengers), paying the name change fee simply adds a passenger without disabling any of the others. This is true for the flex and latitude versions. It's one of those areas where the IT implementation defines the functional policy rather than the Terms and conditions.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
You cannot have two wives at the same time. At least in this country. (Some places it's five.)
I hope not considering I'm the wife.
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:27 pm

Okay, this is hilarious!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Want me to edit and mention two hubbies instead?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Want me to edit and mention two hubbies instead?
Why can't a wife have a wife?
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why can't a wife have a wife?
Not one, two. Issue is not quite the same, is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.