TP (TAP Air Portugal) mileage accrual

Old Apr 17, 18, 4:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
TP (TAP Air Portugal) mileage accrual

I could not find any information in the forum and want to be sure before I go ahead and book. Is it true that TP flights earn 200% aeroplan miles in business or is it a mistake on the aeroplan website? Is that to compensate for the angled business seat?
Old Apr 17, 18, 6:20 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Altitude E75K, Aeroplan Black, Bonvoy Titanium, Hiton Gold, UA MP Silver
Itís true and most A330-200 have been updated with lie-flat with direct aisle access. They also lease 4 ex-SQ A330-300 but I never saw a picture of the cabin.
Old Apr 17, 18, 6:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by totti View Post
I could not find any information in the forum and want to be sure before I go ahead and book. Is it true that TP flights earn 200% aeroplan miles in business or is it a mistake on the aeroplan website? Is that to compensate for the angled business seat?
I flew a TP flight in Business on Friday and received 200%. It was an E90 with 6 business seats.
Old Apr 17, 18, 7:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Thanks for the quick replies. Then I will give TP a try next month
Old Aug 7, 19, 4:28 pm

Quick Question - TAP Air Portugal accumulation on Aeroplan

I've looked at the chart and see 150 to 200% deeding on type of business class fare purchased, but I do know that I've seen lots of posts of changes for various partner accumulation...

So.... will I actually get 150 or 200% depending on type of business class purchased? Both AE and Altitude points?
Old Aug 7, 19, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy View Post
I've looked at the chart and see 150 to 200% deeding on type of business class fare purchased, but I do know that I've seen lots of posts of changes for various partner accumulation...

So.... will I actually get 150 or 200% depending on type of business class purchased? Both AE and Altitude points?
I just checked my Altitude as well as AE dashboards, and yes, they both credited 200% for my flights this year. However, looking at the AE partner info, there is no type of business fares that accumulate 150%. C, D, Z, J business fares all credit 200%.
Old Aug 7, 19, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by SteadyAT View Post
I just checked my Altitude as well as AE dashboards, and yes, they both credited 200% for my flights this year. However, looking at the AE partner info, there is no type of business fares that accumulate 150%. C, D, Z, J business fares all credit 200%.
Right. My bad.

Thank you for the quick insight.
Old Aug 7, 19, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus View Post
It’s true and most A330-200 have been updated with lie-flat with direct aisle access. They also lease 4 ex-SQ A330-300 but I never saw a picture of the cabin.

Most evenings TP is flying the new A330Neo to/from YYZ. Took it Sunday from LIS. AE miles posted Tuesday morning: 200%. Pods seemed a bit more cramped than AC's latest ones and don't have as much storage but overall a good inflight experience...albeit mediocre food (you can pre-book main course 7-days prior).

We were a tad delayed in boarding/departing due to a change of one of the front tires.

On most days, TAP has a very attractive one-way fare from most European cities it flies via LIS or OPO, with a one to three day stopover...about C$1200.

Search this Thread