Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Complimentry Upgrade for Latitude India flight

Question: Complimentry Upgrade for Latitude India flight

Old Apr 16, 18, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Complimentry Upgrade for Latitude India flight

I was told a couple days ago by Super Elite agent that the complimentry update with 48 hours for a Lattitude fare works for India flights. Just called in and told it doesn't apply to India flights. Does anyone know if it applies, should I call again or call a Concierge.
Old Apr 16, 18, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
It should NOT apply - those complimentary upgrades are for North America only.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 16, 18, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Lev View Post
It should NOT apply - those complimentary upgrades are for North America only.
Thats what I thought but agent was insistent it applied and said help desk would do it. I think you are right.
Old Apr 16, 18, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
There are lower-eUp no-cash-required upgrades for SEs in Y/B classes, but there is definitely no complimentary upgrades on Y FPs outside of North America.
Old Apr 16, 18, 3:37 pm

ANd just for clarity for everyone, the thread should mention that '48 your complimentary upgrades' apply to Latitude flight passes only! Clearly stated in the terms and conditions for NA, regional, Sun Pass and others. NOT part of flight passes for international.
Old Apr 16, 18, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by folkart View Post
I was told a couple days ago by Super Elite agent that the complimentry update with 48 hours for a Lattitude fare works for India flights. Just called in and told it doesn't apply to India flights. Does anyone know if it applies, should I call again or call a Concierge.
"Super Elite agents" are just regular CC agents, and sometimes the resource desk agents (the "know-it-alls" who actually make more mistakes than CC agents).
Old Apr 16, 18, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by folkart View Post
Thanks for comments, it was a Latitude Flight Pass and the agent said resource desk had given her the information and she put a note on the file for when I called back.
I have used the benefit on NA Lat FPs before and thought using it for India was too good to be true.
Old Apr 17, 18, 7:02 am

Let this be the observation, then, that everyone that "SuperElite agents" are becoming as incompetent as regular agents.

Maybe they are working at the airport more.

So now we have Conierge's who don't know what they are doing, and agents who happen to answer the SE phone who don't know what they are doing.

The ongoing service destruction is amazing.
Old Apr 17, 18, 7:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
I have upgraded a Lattitude ticket to India on booking. R space must be available. You must use 13 points.

This is different from a flight pass complimentary upgrade. That uses no points and relies on P class being available. And this is only for Lat flight passes.

From my experience, P class is sold out 60 days in advance of a flight. In fact J is sold out most of the days 1 hour before the flight.