FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC weather advisory for Toronto April 14,15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1903716-ac-weather-advisory-toronto-april-14-15-a.html)

dinotoon Apr 12, 18 11:03 pm

AC weather advisory for Toronto April 14,15
 
Im supposed to be travelling though YYZ on Saturday but noticed the significant freezing rain system going through the area on the weekend. They are predicting 2 days of freezing rain. Phoned AC to try and leave on Friday but they wouldnít waive the change fees and fare difference (which was a significant amount). Are the weather advisories usually just issued for travel after/during the weather event or do they usually also include options to depart earlier? Iím surprised nothing has been issued yet.

24left Apr 12, 18 11:25 pm


Originally Posted by dinotoon (Post 29634766)
Im supposed to be travelling though YYZ on Saturday but noticed the significant freezing rain system going through the area on the weekend. They are predicting 2 days of freezing rain. Phoned AC to try and leave on Friday but they wouldn’t waive the change fees and fare difference (which was a significant amount). Are the weather advisories usually just issued for travel after/during the weather event or do they usually also include options to depart earlier? I’m surprised nothing has been issued yet.


I've had similar situations where the agents and concierges wouldn't do anything until AC posted a travel alert. I'm sure others have had better luck.
I don't see anything on the AC site but UA and DL both have travel advisories on their sites.

Environment Canada thinks weather is coming.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c57a69d0c1.png

capedreamer Apr 13, 18 12:42 am

IME, AC is usually slower than other airlines at posting travel advisories. Very annoying.

I could also use some flexibility to adjust my travel plans this Saturday.

24left Apr 13, 18 12:48 am

Eeek.
From our friends at NOAA http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/98fndfd.gif



https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c0b7e36e32.png

InTheAirGuy Apr 13, 18 6:39 am

They now have an advisory up, so you can change:

Airport:

Toronto (YYZ) (Toronto (YYZ))

Event:

Flights may be impacted by forecasted freezing rain.

When:

All day, April 14, 2018

What to do:

Air Canada has revised its ticketing policy for customers booked on affected flights to facilitate changes to bookings. Those customers wishing to make alternate travel arrangements can do so without penalty, space permitting, using our online rebooking tool: check your alternate travel options currently available; re-book yourself and check in before arriving at the airport.

Prior to leaving for the airport, please check your Flight Status, or call Air Canada's automated flight information system at 1-888-422-7533.

acysb87 Apr 13, 18 7:07 am

We have special weather statements for YSB with +/- 25cm SNOW:(

YOWCDNFF Apr 13, 18 7:34 am

Travelling anywhere within the "Eastern Rapidair Triangle" is likely to be quite challenging over the week-end, which will also impact re-routing options. Travel advisories are now up for YTO, YOW, YUL, YXU and YGK

lcohen999 Apr 13, 18 1:08 pm

I have to fly to LAS on Sunday for a trade show.

It doesn't look like moving to Saturday will make my life any easier.

Should be an interesting day...

24left Apr 13, 18 1:14 pm

Interesting that AC only has Canadian cities listed. DL has YYZ and both DL and UA have a list of U.S. cities - some of which AC flies to and others which may be AC tickets on UA metal for eg.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c02ea9b700.png
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...042902c58e.png
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fdd71afce0.png

dinotoon Apr 13, 18 1:28 pm

Successfully changed all flights from Saturday to Friday. But even at 8am EST - phone agents were not aware of the advisory. Took her about 10 minutes to get approval to rebook me. Cost me me business class seat to FCO - but I donít want to be anywhere near yyz tomrorow.

jc94 Apr 13, 18 1:30 pm

Doom is coming. Call the army.
Mind you, mid-April is a bit late. Come on Spring.

AC should just have YYZ listed on their advisory list year round due to "Weather".

capedreamer Apr 13, 18 1:37 pm

As usual, the Online Rebooking Tool did not work for me.

As (is now) usual, Concierge Line greeted me with an endless hold (can't they at least provide a wait time estimate?).

SE Desk was able to change my flight, but resulted in an upgrade snafu (related to this).

Eventually waited on hold for 30 minutes to speak with Concierge, and everything is now resolved.

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Apr 13, 18 7:56 pm

My Saturday is YSJ-YHZ-YYZ-DUB. Could be interesting, but I will ride it out. if I am delayed into YYZ, or get stuck there, my plan B is YYZ-(AC868)-LHR-DUB on Sunday.
--
13F

theOtherHolmes Apr 13, 18 10:31 pm

Flight cancelled
 
I have to get to New Orleans tomorrow for work. AC7723 and 7725 are both cancelled. I bought AC7725 economy in cash. What now? Been on the phone for a while. They even let me check in online a few hours ago!

sigh

yyznomad Apr 13, 18 10:39 pm


Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes (Post 29638498)
I have to get to New Orleans tomorrow for work. AC7723 and 7725 are both cancelled. I bought AC7725 economy in cash. What now? Been on the phone for a while. They even let me check in online a few hours ago!

sigh

Uncheck yourself online and then try using the rebooking tool? Worth a shot while you wait on the phone.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:13 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.