Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC weather advisory for Toronto April 14,15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC weather advisory for Toronto April 14,15

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Uncheck yourself online and then try using the rebooking tool? Worth a shot while you wait on the phone.
sorry how do I uncheck myself??
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Flight canceled from YYZ for the AM tomorrow but they let me rebook for 6:30 PM tomorrow. What are the chances that the flight would actually happen and not be canceled as well?

Any idea how would the driving conditions be from Toronto to New Jersey?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

sorry how do I uncheck myself??
You go to online check in again and pretend to check in again for the same flight, then on the screen showing your flight and seat, you check the checkbox under the "no longer flying" or something on those lines. I forgot the exact wording.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You go to online check in again and pretend to check in again for the same flight, then on the screen showing your flight and seat, you check the checkbox under the "no longer flying" or something on those lines. I forgot the exact wording.
We checked in and then flight was canceled with AC. I searched for their flight rebooking page on Google and was able to rebook online

Here is the link:
https://services.aircanada.com/irrop...execution=e2s1
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by peroorim

We checked in and then flight was canceled with AC. I searched for their flight rebooking page on Google and was able to rebook online

Here is the link:
Oh yes, I neglected the canceled after checking in part - so it's great that you can use the rebooking tool pronto! Glad it worked out for you. ^
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by peroorim

Here is the link:
That tool told me I couldn’t rebook online so I waited for an agent on the phone. Finally I got to a person and she rebooked me on AC flight to Houston and a United flight from IAH to New Orleans, arriving post 8PM.

Not too bad.

My question is why only SOME AC flights out of YYZ got cancelled and some (eg YYZ IAH) ok?? They were scheduled like two hours apart.

Strange
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AC E75K
Flying SFO-YYZ-SFO today on AC758 and AC474 (on standby for AC458).

Might I encounter any of you fine folks?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:38 pm

Just curious how BAD it was at YYZ today, if anyone'd want to share
Roads everywhere are just BAD, I think that's the 1st (and last) big ICE storm of this winter (worse than big snow storm)?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Let's see if I can keep score

AC 16 diverted to YUL
AC 32 diverted to YOW
AC 877 diverted to YUL
AC 6 diverted to YUL
AC 973 diverted to YUL
AC 508 diverted to YUL
AC 110 diverted to YOW
AC 112 diverted to YOW
AC 7675 diverted to YOW

Among others

I guess Sunday will be worse than today?

Last edited by 24left; Apr 14, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Just curious how BAD it was at YYZ today, if anyone'd want to share
Roads everywhere are just BAD, I think that's the 1st (and last) big ICE storm of this winter (worse than big snow storm)?
It was bad. Basically the entire Jazz/Georgian program was cancelled proactively by 14:00. Mainline has been taking 1-3 hour delays and a healthy dose of scrubs.

​​​​Not a fun day.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Flying SFO-YYZ-SFO today on AC758 and AC474 (on standby for AC458).

Might I encounter any of you fine folks?
758 arrived on time. Lucked out with the last seat in J for 458. Good thing because the weather got precipitously worse from there, resulting in 474 arriving 40 minutes late. Pretty successful travel day considering the weather.

Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I was scheduled YOW-YYZ-YVR-TPE, tomorrow Sunday April 15.

Did not like the looks of the weather forecast , so Friday night I used the AC online rebooking tool and changed my YOW-YYZ-YVR flight to a YOW-YVR direct on Saturday evening instead of Sunday morning.

i got the last J Seat on the direct flight. We left YOW pretty much on time Saturday as the snow had not started yet.

i saw several ice covered cars dropping people off at the YOW airport. I asked someone where they drove from- Kingston was one and Brockville was another- so the storm had reached these areas but not Ottawa yet!

The in-line booking tool was a little glitchy, but it ended up confirming me on the direct flight the day before.

i feel like I dodged a bullet by being flexible and proactive.

Happy and safe travels!!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
With the advisory in place for Monday in YYZ, does that impact both departure and arrivals? I am on a flight from YYC arriving Monday night at 6 pm. Am I eligible to change the flight using the delayed flight online tool? it says part of my itinerary may be affected by a travel advisory but when I click on find alternative flights, it says my itinerary is not eligible ??? Does AC only allow weather related changes for departure flights only but not arrival?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sunny Day
With the advisory in place for Monday in YYZ, does that impact both departure and arrivals? I am on a flight from YYC arriving Monday night at 6 pm. Am I eligible to change the flight using the delayed flight online tool? it says part of my itinerary may be affected by a travel advisory but when I click on find alternative flights, it says my itinerary is not eligible ??? Does AC only allow weather related changes for departure flights only but not arrival?
You are eligible. That silly tool doesn’t work half the time (I’ve heard many explanations / excuses from different AC staff: upgraded flights, AP rewards, non-AC ticket stock, etc.).

Just call in (good luck if you’re not SE) and they should be able to sort you out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.