Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Poutine, anyone? Air Canada is opening up a pop-up poutine shop in Denver

Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Seems that Air Canada is opening up a popup poutine shop in Denver. Hope the poutine is legit!

https://www.9news.com/amp/article?se...d=73-537447228
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

They should add this to the YUL MLL!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Sounds good: fatten the Coloradans up, and then stuff 'em into a CRJ.

By the way, what do they mean when describing poutine versions with "Asian and Australian flares"
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
By the way, what do they mean when describing poutine versions with "Asian and Australian flares"
The marketing writer must have gone to school with the nurse who coordinates my daughter's chronic pain care. She keeps writing about pain flairs. Grrr.

Not sure what Asian and Australian flairs would be? Poutine with Spicy Pork? Barbie (BBQ) Shrimp Poutine?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 am

My SIL is crazy for poutine, she eats it almost daily when she visits. They will likely hit the pop up at least once.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I noticed a bunch of Air Canada ads on the A Line train cars between DEN and Union Station, last week. They were touting “seamless connections through Vancouver”.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I noticed a bunch of Air Canada ads on the A Line train cars between DEN and Union Station, last week. They were touting seamless connections through Vancouver.
Ha. Good choice in YVR.

YYC as the alternative:
1) Only UA flies YYC-DEN
2) Connections through YYC are not seamless
3) YYC will only go INTL to LHR and FRA soon
4) I tell all my friends not to connect through the new YYC disaster terminal
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
The video in the link briefly pans over parts of the menu, and the 'Korean poutine' with short ribs and kimchi and cheese just doesn't sound like a pleasant combination to me.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
The video in the link briefly pans over parts of the menu, and the 'Korean poutine' with short ribs and kimchi and cheese just doesn't sound like a pleasant combination to me.
You'll be surprised. There are legitimate Korean fusion bars in Toronto offering similar items, and they do taste quite good, but definitely not an authentic poutine, if that's what you're looking for.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by Dave510
You'll be surprised. There are legitimate Korean fusion bars in Toronto offering similar items, and they do taste quite good, but definitely not an authentic poutine, if that's what you're looking for.
I like all three of those things individually, but the idea of kimchi and cheese together honestly makes me feel a bit sick. I am not saying I am surprised that it exists, just that it sounds rather off-putting.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by smallmj
The marketing writer must have gone to school with the nurse who coordinates my daughter's chronic pain care. She keeps writing about pain flairs. Grrr.

Not sure what Asian and Australian flairs would be? Poutine with Spicy Pork? Barbie (BBQ) Shrimp Poutine?
We don't eat shrimp, we eat prawn. And the only Aussie flair I can imagine would be it not being poutine because it's illegal to serve cheese curds, so it's just made with cheese instead.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Well the "Melbourne Poutine" offers cheese curds for more robust North American gastrointestinal tracts. I'm not sure what the chefs thought would be an appealing accompaniment: but Vegemite? That's sure to produce a post-meal flare of some sort.
Brisbane Poutine offers haute-cuisine tater tots. And what exactly are Sydney's "roasted Australian vegetables"? I'm picturing some pickled pavlova or perhaps a toasted tim tam.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by kyanar
We don't eat shrimp, we eat prawn. And the only Aussie flair I can imagine would be it not being poutine because it's illegal to serve cheese curds, so it's just made with cheese instead.
I'm intrigued about cheese curds being illegal.....seriously?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by Chromie25
I'm intrigued about cheese curds being illegal.....seriously?
Unpasteurised cheese curds were illegal until a couple of years ago, and still are if it's a soft cheese curd. And no-one seems to know how to properly make pasteurised cheese curds (Canadians use unpasteurised I believe) so there's no-one that makes it.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by kyanar
Unpasteurised cheese curds were illegal until a couple of years ago, and still are if it's a soft cheese curd. And no-one seems to know how to properly make pasteurised cheese curds (Canadians use unpasteurised I believe) so there's no-one that makes it.
Wow...learned something new today. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.