Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Crediting miles from SAA after upgrade via step up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Hello - I think this problem is quite common but not sure if anybody has dealt with it personally. Flew SAA and upgraded via last minute "step-up" to business class. However, with this upgrade, the booking class becomes "U" which is not eligible for miles on any of the Star Alliance partner programs. I was denied miles via the online missing miles form presumable because of this. Should I then fill in the detailed missing miles form and attach my original e-ticket to claim miles based on the original booking class ?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Unfortunately class U is not a class that is Aeroplan earning. Aeroplan is quite strict about which fare classes earn miles.

See https://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/our_partners/partner_details.do?Partner=SouthAfricanAirways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.