Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC mobile app shows new itinerary / AC booking reference on UA ticket after change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC mobile app shows new itinerary / AC booking reference on UA ticket after change

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K

Had an original booking made through UA (016 ticket stock) which I had to change. The change resulted in a new itinerary and AC booking reference.

When I went into the AC mobile app, the old itinerary / booking reference I had previously added to 'My Flights' was still there. After I removed it, the new itinerary / booking reference magically appeared!

The two constants: the original UA ticket number (and booking reference) and my AP number. Not sure what did the trick, but thought I found my own shocked reaction quite funny given how simple this should be from a tech perspective. We now have such a low bar when it comes to AC IT.

Of course, logging into AC.com with my AP number still does not result in this booking showing up. One step at a time.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Slight update: Just went back into the mobile app, refreshed 'My Flights', and noticed the previous AC booking reference / itinerary is back. I can also still pull it up on AC.com (using the booking reference). I guess it hasn't been deleted from the system yet.

This would suggest that the mobile app is automatically pulling all bookings associated with my AP number irrespective of booking vendor or ticket stock. Hooray!

But that invites the question: If the mobile app can locate bookings made elsewhere using my AP number, why can't the website?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by capedreamer

But that invites the question: If the mobile app can locate bookings made elsewhere using my AP number, why can't the website?
Venturing a guess here: the app was done by in-house team. The web site is IBM. Plus, comes with tons of extra luggage.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit either if IBM would see the writing on the wall, and that their relationship with AC has no future.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:54 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Slight update: Just went back into the mobile app, refreshed 'My Flights', and noticed the previous AC booking reference / itinerary is back. I can also still pull it up on AC.com (using the booking reference). I guess it hasn't been deleted from the system yet.

This would suggest that the mobile app is automatically pulling all bookings associated with my AP number irrespective of booking vendor or ticket stock. Hooray!

The app has done this for a while. Why they can't get the same function on the website, I don't know.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The app has done this for a while. Why they can't get the same function on the website, I don't know.
For any ticket associated with your AP number?

I just booked 2 AC-marketed and operated tickets (014 stock) via Concur / Amex Business Travel this past week, and both had to be manually added to the app.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
For any ticket associated with your AP number?

I just booked 2 AC-marketed and operated tickets (014 stock) via Concur / Amex Business Travel this past week, and both had to be manually added to the app.
Just force a manual refresh - it'll then show up in your list of flights in the app. I have to book my business travel via Concur and they show up in the app without having to add them by reference manually.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Just force a manual refresh - it'll then show up in your list of flights in the app. I have to book my business travel via Concur and they show up in the app without having to add them by reference manually.
same here. As long as my Aeroplan number is associated the app picks up my bookings. Whether through Consur, Aeroplan, AC, etc. I do sometimes have to do a manual refresh but they show up.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks, @Jebby_ca and @martyYOW. I'll keep an eye out for this with my next booking.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Originally Posted by martyYOW
same here. As long as my Aeroplan number is associated the app picks up my bookings. Whether through Consur, Aeroplan, AC, etc. I do sometimes have to do a manual refresh but they show up.
Just made another booking through Aeroplan. Although my AP number is entered, the booking did not show up on its on in the AC mobile app. Manual refresh did not help. I had to enter the booking reference. So YMMV I guess.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Every revenue booking I've made has shown up automatically. No Aeroplan booking I've made has shown up automatically. I'm at a 100% consistency rate here.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Every revenue booking I've made has shown up automatically. No Aeroplan booking I've made has shown up automatically. I'm at a 100% consistency rate here.
Any theories as to why? Seems a bit counterintuitive...
Old May 10, 2018, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Any theories as to why? Seems a bit counterintuitive...
FQTV vs. FQTR would be my only guess.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:50 pm

Issue I'm having is:

Booked a 4-segment itinerary with United.

Cancelled that booking.

ONE of the segments is still showing in the AC app. I've deleted it multiple times, but it keeps coming back! Weird!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.