Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: YUL<->PVG Upgrade options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: YUL<->PVG Upgrade options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

YUL<->PVG Upgrade options

Long time lurker, first time asker....

Flying from YUL to PVG next week and am currently booked in Class K (no choice, employers paying for trip).

I have ~125K Aeroplan points but as I understand it must be Y, B or O to upgrade using points at 50K per segment according to the chart (that I can't post a link to because I'm a newb, sorry!) if I understand it properly.

1) Can I pay to upgrade from K so that I'm eligible to use points? How can I find out the cost? I would only do it if I was 100% that the points upgrade would go through of course.
2) I see I can also bid on upgrades (between $1K-$2K per segment). I would try that if cheaper than option 1. Do people who bid usually get the upgrade? I would expect this to depend on availability of course....

Thanks - reading the MLL thread has given many hours of laughing about pickles!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I'm seeing B fares for YUL PVG next week around $2800 (one way). So your paid upgrade will be that minus whatever you paid for K. There's no I space next week anyway so don't worry about it.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:35 pm

I would submit a bid for upgrade here: https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/AirCanada

Also read this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-upgrades.html
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice. I submitted a bid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.