Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada aims to debut Amadeus PSS in 2019 ahead of 2020 loyalty programme launch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada aims to debut Amadeus PSS in 2019 ahead of 2020 loyalty programme launch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Stranger
Aeroplan has the detail of your purchases on Aeroplan-affiliated credit cards (which BTW to me is a huge privacy issue). AC does not have access to that.
I attended a presentation at a conference about two years ago by a senior executive from American Express who own and run the Payback program. Payback is roughly the same as air miles in Germany, Italy and India among others. This is when they were pitching a similar program in the US market. He explained that the benefits of being a merchant in a multi-vendor program is the merchants pool their data so one merchant can correlate his/her sales to those of other merchants on the program. I don't know how deep that access goes. If it is at the transaction level or if other merchants have access to the items in the basket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.