Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Business Class Reward - YOW to Hawaii?

Old Apr 4, 18, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Hey All,
I'm looking to kill my remaining Aeroplan points for my 10th anniversary in 2020 and looking to replicate our honeymoon. Back in May 2010 I managed to find business class flights from YOW-YYZ-SFO-KOA (Kona) and returned LIH (Lihue)-LAX-YYZ-YOW all business class. I remember it took a whole lot of searching and I was forced to do the inter-island flight to get home. Just doing some pre-lim searching and it doesn't look possible these days. Is this trip even possible to make all business class? Any tips? When should I start shopping for this? Maybe I should do it a year early to avoid the AP/AC divorce?

Oh, I guess I should also mention that I have a bunch of SPG points that I could convert to United Points if that's more likely to get more business class only requirement. I'm not opposed to driving to Montreal, Toronto, Syracuse or even Buffalo or NYC to make that happen either.
Old Apr 4, 18, 10:51 pm

Hawaii is always difficult, plus the hard products (seats, airplanes) aren't so good either

Why not think about Europe? many options ex-YOW, nonstop/1-stop to Europe

Either way, start early, search early
Old Apr 5, 18, 1:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
My sister managed it a few years ago. For a January departure. YYZ-LAX-KOA and return. Booked almost a year out exactly when space opened up. Aeroplan points but LAX to KOA on UA equipment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: